Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:04:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fresh Meat - Series 4

Started by BritishHobo, May 31, 2015, 02:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

It's okay, but it's something most people could scrape by with without putting much effort in. It's the equivalent of a C - not the worst grade, but far from her dream of a sparkling first.

Pancake

This was absolute doge shit

momatt

I've just rewatched this all from the beginning.  I really liked it but it never quite lives up the the potential.  Some bits are hugely accurate (Vod reading her essay and not deciding if it's shit of genius) where others are just silly and insane.

Some plot points just don't go anywhere as if they can't be arsed.  Like the entire characters of Sabine and Candice.
Can anyone confirm did Kingsly have a sick mum he looked after - or is this a false memory?  Can't recall any mention of this from the rewatch.

All of Kingsley's Italian affections were a joy, I loved his silly little espresso pot and pretentious Italian mannerisms.  Her being Swiss is a great punchline to all that shit.

I never got the stuff about the Professor Shales's turbot expenses.  Surely Oregon should have just not paid it and told him to fuck off?
Also, isn't it usual for people to take a year off from studies when running the Student Union?  Or is she just being stupid and over-stretching herself?

Quote from: Pijlstaart on February 24, 2016, 09:08:08 PM
Italian woman widda-da-pasta, painful, Robbie William's american wife, should have tested out the accent before casting her.

Fuck me, you're right.  I knew there was something I didn't like about her.  Anyone who can stand being near Robbie Williams must be dead or in a coma.  Being married to him must be...  Uuuurrgh, no words.  Yuk x 1000000.

Icehaven

Quote from: momatt on June 13, 2016, 05:16:51 PM

Fuck me, you're right.  I knew there was something I didn't like about her.  Anyone who can stand being near Robbie Williams must be dead or in a coma.  Being married to him must explan how she got the part.

FTFY.

momatt

You reckon?  Maybe it helped meet the right people, but surely there's more to auditions that that?
Bloody depressing if not.

Leej88

I liked this show it never made me laugh out loud but it did make me chuckle a few times, Series 3 was awful with Kingsley going between Heather and Josie just was so boring series 4 was good though but it did have its time.

Captain Z

Welcome to the forum Leej88.

Without sounding like a dick, it is frowned upon to keep bumping years-old threads to add a single comment. Something to do with it overloading the servers due to the way old information is indexed, which slows down the forum. Even if a show has been discussed before, people are encouraged to start new threads if you think an old show is worth re-watching or re-discussing.

Leej88