Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:12:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lesser Known Sequels

Started by SteveDave, June 06, 2015, 07:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

great_badir

Quote from: non capisco on November 12, 2015, 10:29:00 AM
Has anyone seen 'They Call Me MISTER Tibbs!', the sequel to 'In The Heat Of The Night'? Been on a classic films binge this week and watched the latter last night. I imagine the sequel is stymied by the absence of Rod Steiger and it's got a mediocre Imdb rating but...I dunno....worth a look?

Yeah, it's okay as long as you don't take it as a sequel to In the Heat of the Night (which it isn't).  I actually prefer the third Virgil Tibbs film, The Organization.  But it's still much of a muchness with They Call Me... in terms of quality. 

Better than both, and more in keeping, was the later ITHOTN TV series, although like most TV series' that run for as long as it did (7 years), it's patchy.

gatchamandave

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on June 10, 2015, 05:00:13 PM
He really does seem to be saying "Bleugh! I vont to drink your blood!"

"Now let's hear you call Boris Karloff a cocksucker"

SavageHedgehog

Hmm, did you know there were three Made for TV Midnight Run sequels? Well, turns out there were.

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on June 10, 2015, 04:07:13 PM
I keep meaning to watch Kronk's New Groove as I think Emperor's New Groove is a stone cold classic. Anybody seen that one?

Yes. It's really bad and I loved the original too. Hope you didn't succumb in the half-year it took you to get a response.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: SavageHedgehog on November 29, 2015, 09:30:21 AM
Hmm, did you know there were three Made for TV Midnight Run sequels? Well, turns out there were.
I've seen the first one, and...it's not good. The thing I remember most about it was, in the first one Robert De Niro is pretty taciturn and moderately smart - in the sequel he's a gigantic dumbass who chats constantly. Plus, it makes no sense to have sequels, given Moscone Bail Bonds was fucked at the end of the movie when he let the Duke go. It might be a prequel, I suppose, but there's zero evidence either way.