Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:41:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Swery's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die - New game from Deadly Premonition fella

Started by Bored of Canada, June 07, 2015, 04:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is now on Steam. I love Deadly Premonition. I'm looking forward to this, unfortunately, it seems like Microsoft didn't really know how to market this and it's not done too well. Hopefully it finds its feet with PC people.

I'm busy but I'm planning on picking it up this month and giving it a bit of a shot. Anyone here played it yet?

Moribunderast

I'm getting a new PC (that will actually play games, as opposed to the old laptop I've run into the ground that now stutters trying to watch Youtube clips) and this is on my list of games to pick up. Though I do need to go back and finish Deadly Premonition. I was about halfway through and started to find it getting very repetitive in regards to the combat. Was kinda wishing the combat sections away so I could just progress through the story and treat it like an adventure game. With that in mind, D4 will probably be perfect for me, as I believe it is mostly an adventure game?

At least when I do get back to Deadly Premonition I'll now be aware that smoking cigarettes passes time on the game clock, so I don't just leave the game running while I do vacuuming, waiting for the next objective to be available. Possibly one of the dumber moments in my video game playing history.

I'm not surprised Microsoft didn't know how to market D4. Swery games aren't easy to pigeonhole and push - I imagine his games are received similarly to Suda51's. People either find them too weird to bother with or people love the creator and happily lap up whatever weirdness he produces. Both Suda and Swery produce flawed games but they also achieve pretty great highs that you won't find in other games. Swery still has a ways to go to make something I adore as much as Killer 7, though.

Thursday

Definitely want to get this, even though I gave up on Deadly Premonition because the combat became such a slog. but with Witcher 3 and presumably Steam Sales coming soon it'll fall a little behind in my priorities.

fit bird

Loved Deadly Premonition.
This is nothing like Deadly Premonition.