Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:14:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cool Story

Started by Sam, June 10, 2015, 06:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam

Sorry this is Malick related.

Recently a colleague of 9 months dropped into a conversation that in his hippy days when he was a professional gigging musician in Australia in the 90s he not just brushed with the cream of Hollywood but completely fell in with them. He'd got a call asking if he could be the house band for a few months in a bar in Port Douglas in the rain forests of Northern australia. Who should be in that bar every night but a gaggle of bored hedonistic actors getting smashed? The Thin Red Line was filming and Malick notoriously improvised the film, shooting about 20 mins a day at magic hour while most actors sat around for weeks at a time without doing a scene.

Anyway my mate/colleague hung out with Sean Penn (wore lots of black hair dye, very intense, took a while to relax), Nick Nolte (grizzled and sozzled to fuckery), John Cusack (fucked everything in sight) and many others, some of whom he didn't know at the time but later realised were well known.

Anyway, as an early 90s raver he was zonked on acid, weed, coke and booze the whole time (whilst giant mangoes dropped from trees and even bigger fruit bats spun around heads) and says now that he perhaps failed to appreciate the coolness of playing pool, jamming and hanging out with these actors. One night he lost his bed and had to sleep under the pool table cause his Friend with benefits had bagged Cusack.

He reckons if you were to ask Sean Penn now he'd know and remember who he was.

Having read endless accounts of the shooting of TTRL and already being familiar with the stories of actors bonding and getting drunk in bars to leaven the boredom and frustration of the filming, when he told me all this I could picture everything he was saying.

Being such a TTRL obsessive I was blown away by that.

So have you got any cool stories of you or someone you know brushing with the famous ackt-torhs? One for Noodle Lizard, maybe.

zomgmouse

I once sat several seats away from Geoffrey Rush in a special screening of Taxi Driver. In that same cinema apparently Richard E. Grant once came to a session I was also at (but I didn't see him) and halfway through he walked out of the cinema .

A veritable parade of hobnobbing as you can see.

Serge

I think I've mentioned this on here before, but anyway: Fenella Fielding used to come into a bookshop in Chiswick that I worked in for a few months in the late nineties. A colleague of mine found a picture of her with The Beatles in one of the books we were selling, and mentioned it to her the next time she came in. "Oh no, darling, I never met The Beatles," she replied, so he showed her the picture and she admitted that she must have done. She was incredibly tiny. Kate O'Mara was also quite tiny - I once served her in a shop on the same day that I sold a book to Juliet Stevenson, who is ridiculously beautiful in real life.

madhair60

I can't remember her name right now, but that actress, that really fit one that you are well horny for, really would inspire a lot of jealousy if you knew someone who shagged her?  Yeah, I shagged her, me.