Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:25:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Final Fantasy 7 - Remake

Started by Capt.Midnight, June 16, 2015, 11:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: madhair60 on June 19, 2019, 11:22:47 PM
Just got round to the scorpion fight from E3. Mate this is charmless. Just constant inane chatter, cuts away from the action to show the fight shifting to the next phase, just looks dogshit. They've fucked it.

Agreed.  I know that a lot of people here don't care for Jim Sterling but I thought that his recent video on the E3 demo and that scorpion fight was spot on; it's so visually busy, as to be an incomprehensible mess.

bgmnts

Did anyone manage to complete FF XV? It was hard fucking going and I barely got through a couple of hours of the main story.

Consignia

I think that's the thing that puts me off, the battle system. I loved the fast paced turn based off the original, it being my first JRPG it has a special place. The more actiony moves they've been making since FF12 onwards haven't particularly gelled with me, and this looks like a similar move.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not fussed if this game turns out not to be for me and finds an audience. But when you play the nostalgia card, it does attract the thoughts of people who liked the original of all parts of the spectrum.

gabrielconroy

Quote from: Consignia on June 19, 2019, 11:49:17 PM
I think that's the thing that puts me off, the battle system. I loved the fast paced turn based off the original, it being my first JRPG it has a special place. The more actiony moves they've been making since FF12 onwards haven't particularly gelled with me, and this looks like a similar move.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not fussed if this game turns out not to be for me and finds an audience. But when you play the nostalgia card, it does attract the thoughts of people who liked the original of all parts of the spectrum.

Yep. I'm not that into the reactions-based frantic hack 'n slash style of battles when it comes to a game like FFVII. It's much more about the story and atmosphere, and so is better suited to a battle system that amplifies that side of the game, rather than the other way round.

I guess they've decided that the 'modern gamer' won't have the time for that in light of all the massive Skyrim-style open world adventures. But it's a cop-out. At least come up with a hybrid system not so insistently immediate and busy.

Twed

You know what's really wrong with this? You'd never be able to stand still in a scene and watch the game world tinkle. Everything would be a frantic fungleberry in a remake, standing still will involve all kinds of swaying and posing. The original was very reflective, and could be zen-like.

Cloud

Tifa's oversized tits and the lolgay scenes in the Honeybee NERFED as Square Enix bows to pressure from Societal Justification Worriers on Twitter, in a massive shock to all!

Fry

They just kind of unilaterally decided that "gamers don't like turn based battles anymore" for no reason whatsoever. It's something someone thought sounded right on one morning and everyone just agreed with them. The fact games like Pokemon still sell like gangbusters to people of all ages doesn't matter. No. Players don't have the patience for turn based battles. Can't do turn based anymore. No siree.

Urinal Cake

That's not quite true. Squenix has kept turned-based battles for the Dragon Quest franchise and a few other games. The FF franchise is too far down the garden path to return to strict turn-based combat even for a remake.

The Lion King

Looking forward to seeing Don Corneo in this

St_Eddie

Quote from: The Lion King on June 20, 2019, 08:22:23 AM
Looking forward to seeing Don Corneo in this

I just hope that the ethics department hasn't demanded that they scrap his famous catchphrase "I need TP for my bunghole!".

bgmnts

Quote from: Fry on June 20, 2019, 05:05:49 AM
They just kind of unilaterally decided that "gamers don't like turn based battles anymore" for no reason whatsoever. It's something someone thought sounded right on one morning and everyone just agreed with them. The fact games like Pokemon still sell like gangbusters to people of all ages doesn't matter. No. Players don't have the patience for turn based battles. Can't do turn based anymore. No siree.

They've actually decided this AGAINST the evidence to the contrary. It's a case of "we tell you what you like,  eat our liquid shit".

Lot of high minded bollocks here about Tifa's tits. Let's face it, everyone wants to see bigger, realistic tits so fuck off.

bgmnts

As long as we get a bits of conversational texts about how difficult it is getting a bra and how much her back hurts as well as a more proportional body shape, i'm alright with big Tifa tits.

Thursday

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 20, 2019, 05:45:20 PM
Lot of high minded bollocks here about Tifa's tits. Let's face it, everyone wants to see bigger, realistic tits so fuck off.

There really hasn't been though has there? There's been a few sites reporting on the story and then the usual crowd screaming about SJW censorship in response.

I've literally read nothing about it besides my own posts and one reply in this thread. That there has actually been some bullshit about it reassures me that my goofin off is accurate satire.

Thursday

I'll agree though, that this is much sexier than the new model

alan nagsworth

Wigan Fatty Fuck could learn a lot from those big fuckin' clobber hands.

St_Eddie

The trailer for the new Lupin III movie has been released and it's a perfect example of what the Final Fantasy VII remake should have looked like in terms of art direction...

Trailer

samadriel

That looks terrific, but I don't detect any FF7 flavour at all.

Thursday

Yeah, like that's an example of a good adaption from 2d animation to 3D cgi, but there's not really any connection there.

madhair60

Quote from: St_Eddie on July 11, 2019, 12:47:39 PM
The trailer for the new Lupin III movie has been released and it's a perfect example of what the Final Fantasy VII remake should have looked like in terms of art direction...

Trailer

This is fiercely appealing, but it isn't screaming FFVII to me

NoSleep

Cloud needs that raised eyebrow, just like all those other CGI characters have in movie posters.

Mobius

Why aren't they remaking Final Fantasy 8 it's the best one

St_Eddie

Quote from: Mobius on July 12, 2019, 12:32:02 AM

They'll slap a filter on it and call it a day.

madhair60

Quote from: NoSleep on July 11, 2019, 09:53:18 PM
Cloud needs that raised eyebrow, just like all those other CGI characters have in movie posters.

He unloads a guff into Barrett's face, who goes "Man, now I know why they call you 'cloud'"

Thursday

Quote from: Mobius on July 12, 2019, 12:32:02 AM

It's really not thought is it? It's got an interesting, unique battle system if you have the patience for it, it's got some interesting world locations. It's story starts off well enough, but it soon turns into an absolute mess and half the characters are bad.

People want to believe "8 is the best actually!" because of some of the unique things it does well, but it's got so much that lets it down.

NoSleep

Being based around a mercenary military academy doesn't help. Eco-terrorists are way cooler.

bgmnts

Quote from: Thursday on July 12, 2019, 06:26:13 PM
It's really not thought is it? It's got an interesting, unique battle system if you have the patience for it, it's got some interesting world locations. It's story starts off well enough, but it soon turns into an absolute mess and half the characters are bad.

People want to believe "8 is the best actually!" because of some of the unique things it does well, but it's got so much that lets it down.

8 isnt it the best but the Junction system is pretty unique and interesting, i'd say its better than 7, 13, 11 and 12.

Golden E. Pump

8 isn't as good as 7, 9, 10 and possibly 15. I hated it when I played it through again about five years ago. I think nostalgia is carrying it at this point. And that soundtrack.