Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 - Remake  (Read 24953 times)

NoSleep

• feat. Keith Jarrett and his singing parrot
    • Space Is The Place
Re: Final Fantasy 7 - Remake
« Reply #450 on: July 17, 2019, 02:46:21 PM »
8 isn't as good as 7, 9, 10 and possibly 15.

As XII is the best FF, I can partly agree (Matsuno/Ivalice/FFT/Vagrant Story fanboy here).

I hated it when I played it through again about five years ago. I think nostalgia is carrying it at this point. And that soundtrack.

The soundtrack sounds very cold and clinical compared to the FFVII one. Probably reflects the mercenary academy aptly.

« Reply #451 on: July 17, 2019, 04:34:46 PM »
I think 8 has the best boss battle music of any Final Fantasy.

Golden E. Pump

• Basically Morris Day.
« Reply #452 on: July 17, 2019, 05:10:18 PM »
I've never played 12 so cannot comment.

« Reply #453 on: July 18, 2019, 02:44:13 PM »
You know what's really wrong with this? You'd never be able to stand still in a scene and watch the game world tinkle. Everything would be a frantic fungleberry in a remake, standing still will involve all kinds of swaying and posing. The original was very reflective, and could be zen-like.

I know I'm replying to a weeks-old post here but this has sort of effectively summarised something I've always found irritating in games but never really understood why. Characters who, when not moving, sway their arms or otherwise pointlessly animate.

NoSleep

• feat. Keith Jarrett and his singing parrot
    • Space Is The Place
« Reply #454 on: July 18, 2019, 02:49:14 PM »
They all had forearms like Popeye in the original version, too.

« Reply #455 on: July 18, 2019, 02:53:21 PM »
They all had forearms like Popeye in the original version, too.

His life was a fake-o
He's infused with Mako
He's Cloud Strife the failure man

« Reply #456 on: July 18, 2019, 07:06:38 PM »
I know I'm replying to a weeks-old post here but this has sort of effectively summarised something I've always found irritating in games but never really understood why. Characters who, when not moving, sway their arms or otherwise pointlessly animate.

Was a genuine turn-off for me in old 16-bit RPGs. Guards who looked like they were marching on the spot for some fucking reason. Horrible gibberish worlds.