Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:16:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Final Fantasy 7 - Remake

Started by Capt.Midnight, June 16, 2015, 11:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

Quote from: Golden E. Pump on July 17, 2019, 02:30:39 PM
8 isn't as good as 7, 9, 10 and possibly 15.

As XII is the best FF, I can partly agree (Matsuno/Ivalice/FFT/Vagrant Story fanboy here).

QuoteI hated it when I played it through again about five years ago. I think nostalgia is carrying it at this point. And that soundtrack.

The soundtrack sounds very cold and clinical compared to the FFVII one. Probably reflects the mercenary academy aptly.

bgmnts

I think 8 has the best boss battle music of any Final Fantasy.

Golden E. Pump

I've never played 12 so cannot comment.

madhair60

Quote from: Twed on June 20, 2019, 12:33:22 AM
You know what's really wrong with this? You'd never be able to stand still in a scene and watch the game world tinkle. Everything would be a frantic fungleberry in a remake, standing still will involve all kinds of swaying and posing. The original was very reflective, and could be zen-like.

I know I'm replying to a weeks-old post here but this has sort of effectively summarised something I've always found irritating in games but never really understood why. Characters who, when not moving, sway their arms or otherwise pointlessly animate.

NoSleep

They all had forearms like Popeye in the original version, too.

madhair60

Quote from: NoSleep on July 18, 2019, 02:49:14 PM
They all had forearms like Popeye in the original version, too.

His life was a fake-o
He's infused with Mako
He's Cloud Strife the failure man

popcorn

Quote from: madhair60 on July 18, 2019, 02:44:13 PM
I know I'm replying to a weeks-old post here but this has sort of effectively summarised something I've always found irritating in games but never really understood why. Characters who, when not moving, sway their arms or otherwise pointlessly animate.

Was a genuine turn-off for me in old 16-bit RPGs. Guards who looked like they were marching on the spot for some fucking reason. Horrible gibberish worlds.

Thursday

New trailer for this, can't be bothered to link to it because I can't post from my computer at the moment. It's the most enthused I've been from a trailer for this so far, but it's hitting the right nostalgia buttons by taking in things like Don Corneo, Squats, and turning into frogs. You know the stuff the game is really about.

Also teenagers today are spoilt having that Tifa to wank over.

Nonsense, with those A cup sports bra tits. Give me four sided mega tits any day.

Twed

Just watched the vid, the best one yet, seems goofy and melodramatic in the best way, like the original.

Also fair play, that Tifa is FAF and I'll be getting the old wanking glove cured, oiled and polished in good time.

gabrielconroy

That really is much better than the last trailer I watched. They've made a very wise choice keeping all the goofy, slightly weird shit from the original in there. I might even buy it!

Cloud

Ooh we finally see what Shinra looks like in modern day too.  Looks good, consider me super hyped!

0:22 - who's that meant to be, I can't put my finger on it?  He looks like he belongs in FFXV swanning about with Sasuke and co

Golden E. Pump

It looks absolutely incredible. Looks like there's a darts minigame! Maybe Midgar will be a Los Santos-style sandbox?!

peanutbutter

That trailer was a pretty big reminder that this whole thing is gonna be weird as fuck... that's gotta be potentially liberating in its own way, it's such a thoroughly awkward game to remake.

and.. err.. have they bumped up the size of Tifa's breasts again?

The Culture Bunker

I agree it looks great, but the hack/slash nonsense turns me right off. Same reason I couldn't finish FFXV.

bgmnts

Calling it hack n slash is VERY kind.

Twed

Quote from: peanutbutter on September 11, 2019, 09:52:59 PM
and.. err.. have they bumped up the size of Tifa's breasts again?
Maybe they used the "make her waist tiny" loophole.

Quote from: bgmnts on September 11, 2019, 10:10:35 PM
Girl there ain't nothing wrong...

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: bgmnts on September 11, 2019, 10:10:35 PM
Perhaps, but despite the fact it's only Wednesday, I'm oh so very tired.

Thing is, I'm not sure I'm willing to pay a decent amount of cash for something that may well be a film in which I hammer the "x" button in the odd fight scene, and that's my total interaction in the game. I know how the story goes already, for one thing. Despite the fact that FF7 holds a huge place in my heart, I'm thinking that I played through the original only a couple of years ago, why bother again? Especially as I can't do things like rename Red XIII "Old Shep" this time round.

madhair60

You are mental if you think that looks even remotely good

That bit where Aeris gets dolled up is amazing. That's what we play games for

Urinal Cake

Looks good enough to keep my an eye on. I don't think the trailer is for old people who love turn based combat hence the emphasis of fast-action-cuts.  Going by earlier stuff you can have it more turn-basey.

Obel

Looks like some hot garbage. Sounds like some hot garbage too, with that awful voice acting and the music stripped of any energy and joy. Get in the bin.

madhair60

The Culture Bunker

Thursday

Quote from: madhair60 on September 11, 2019, 11:50:11 PM
You are mental if you think that looks even remotely good

You have a whole video series where you preach the virtues of shit nobody liked from the 90's

Thursday

In fairness though, this does look shit, it's just nostalgia has destroyed all rational perspective on this, and I wan't to believe it'll be good because I have nothing else to look forward to.

Kryton

Looks amazing, gonna be amazing. Surprised there's so many people here who enjoy hopping things will be bad. Feel like I don't know this forum some tines.