Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,549,364
  • Total Topics: 106,172
  • Online Today: 659
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:35:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Final Fantasy 7 - Remake

Started by Capt.Midnight, June 16, 2015, 11:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Quote from: Thursday on September 12, 2019, 06:28:14 PM
You have a whole video series where you preach the virtues of shit nobody liked from the 90's

yeah because they did like it, and now they don't because of Game Grumps

madhair60

bgmnts

Can I just say FF VIII has been 'remastered' for the xbone now? Brilliant!

Poobum

Wow, you can almost kind of tell the difference 51% of the time if you look at a pair of screenshots side by side for about ten minutes. I love FFVIII. Just completed FFIX, I love that too. Now that I'm not a silly boy, I can appreciate what a great character Dagger/Garnet is. I can honestly say I loathed chocobo hot and cold, 8 hours of that crap to get to Ozma, and also the only way to get quite a few of the ultimate weapons. Did beat Ozma on my first try though, got lucky with having Eiko, she summoned Phoenix and resurrected the entire party, much to my bemusement and delight.

£45 quid for FFXII the Zodiac Age? Fuck off. My fave in the series, but nope. They nerfed Yiazmat, I did it proper, I beat it all.

Urinal Cake

Aerith sounds like Alison Brie and Don Corleone sounds like Hamill's Joker. I think the voice casting will be okay. The extra story/character content is what worries me- sometimes things are better left vague or confusing.

Cloud

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 12, 2019, 07:54:42 PM
Looks amazing, gonna be amazing. Surprised there's so many people here who enjoy hopping things will be bad. Feel like I don't know this forum some tines.

You must be new here on the "everything is shit and then you die" forums :)

Dewt

bgmnts

Graphically impressive. Just need to do this with 8 and 9 and job's a good'un.

Wonder why Konami dont do the same with the Fox Engine and the Metal Gears. They would sell like hot cakes.

Cerys

Urinal Cake

Jim Bob

Mister Six

Quote from: bgmnts on December 31, 2019, 09:09:53 PM
Graphically impressive. Just need to do this with 8 and 9 and job's a good'un.

Wonder why Konami dont do the same with the Fox Engine and the Metal Gears. They would sell like hot cakes.

Too busy making pachinko machines.

NoSleep

The major detail that has been added to this, compared to the original, is Aeris' cautious look back down the alleyway. But that fits with her back story.

Cerys

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 01, 2020, 03:47:14 AM
Are they multiplying?

Indeed they are.  I may be losing control.

Mister Six

Quote from: Dewt on December 31, 2019, 08:22:03 PM
Intro leaked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ivzat4BSJ8

Fuck, it's good.

Very pretty, yeah. I do wish they wouldn't do that shit anime thing of adding grunts and gasps every time someone nods or turns around though.

bgmnts

What will happen in 20 years when the current generation of kids have grown up and the industry will do the same uninspired remaking of their classics with modern graphics?

We had the resident evils and the final fantasies and thats why a lot of us are still playing and most games are marketing to us menchildren. What the fuck do the current gen of kids have? Minecraft and Lego games? Grim.

Thursday

Lol yeah you're right, there's no good original modern game IP's

bgmnts

That kids who play them will go on to remember fondly into adulthood and be remade in 20 years?

Didn't say there weren't good modern IPs really tbh tbf imo

Thursday

Just don't really see what's so grim, just seems like a bit of a "things were much better when I was a kid" attitude.

Jim Bob

I really liked the touch of Aeris* getting shouldered by a cunt, dropping her flowers and then another cunt treading on one of her flowers.  It helps to sell the the whole theme of oppression and technology destroying the natural planet.

What I didn't care for was the lack of the pan through stars at the very start, slowly transitioning into the leaking mako pipe.  Also, why are there old fashioned British phone boxes in Midgar?

* I wonder if Square Enix will be keeping the name of Aeris for the International release, or if they'll revert to her original name of Aerith, considering that in every subsequent appearance of the character in other material, she's had her original Japanese name, regardless of territory.

Quote from: Mister Six on January 01, 2020, 01:57:14 PM
I do wish they wouldn't do that shit anime thing of adding grunts and gasps every time someone nods or turns around though.

Aye, that bothered me too.  They did the same thing in Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and it was pretty much the only thing in that otherwise outstanding series which bothered me.  It comes across as though they're trying to get their money's worth from the voice actors.  It's very distracting and unnatural.

Quote from: bgmnts on January 01, 2020, 02:56:15 PM
We had the resident evils and the final fantasies and thats why a lot of us are still playing and most games are marketing to us menchildren. What the fuck do the current gen of kids have? Minecraft and Lego games? Grim.

I don't think this is true at all.  It's more likely that you're only interested in the remakes and sequels to the games which you grew up with and today's kids are more interested in the new IPs, such as Fortnite, Apex Legends and Borderlands.  Just because original modern games don't interest you personally, doesn't mean that the new generations won't grow up to look back on them fondly and be playing remakes of those titles in 20 years time.

Dewt

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 01, 2020, 04:10:16 PMAlso, why are there old fashioned British phone boxes in Midgar?
I got a general London vibe from this rendition of Midgar, which is one of the things I liked.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Dewt on January 01, 2020, 04:15:44 PM
I got a general London vibe from this rendition of Midgar, which is one of the things I liked.

To each their own, I guess.  Personally, I found the British phone boxes to be distracting.  If I wanted to explore a real life dystopian environment, I'd go to London.  I play games to escape from that shite.

bgmnts

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 01, 2020, 04:10:16 PM
I don't think this is true at all.  It's more likely that you're only interested in the remakes and sequels to the games which you grew up with and today's kids are interested in the new IPs, such as Fortnite, Apex Legends and Borderlands.  Just because original modern games don't interest you personally, doesn't mean that the new generations won't grow up to look back on them fondly and be playing remakes of those titles in 20 years time.

Lots of modern games interest me, I mostly play modern games, I just can't see many having the same nostalgia inducing effect that these do. Borderlands came out about 12 years ago tbf.

Dewt

Tedious "are modern games good" discussion belongs in its own thread.

Jim Bob

Quote from: bgmnts on January 01, 2020, 04:19:41 PM
Lots of modern games interest me, I mostly play modern games, I just can't see many having the same nostalgia inducing effect that these do.

But that's because you're not a child anymore.  Why would modern games have a nostalgic effect on you?  I see no reason why the likes of Minecraft won't have a strong nostalgic resonance with today's kids in 20 years time.

bgmnts

Of course but it wont have updated graphics because the wjole point of that is its meant to look shite.

Jim Bob

Quote from: bgmnts on January 01, 2020, 04:25:14 PM
Of course but it wont have updated graphics because the wjole point of that is its meant to look shite.

Fine, replace my example of Minecraft with any one of the other hundreds of modern games.

Dewt

bgmnts

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 01, 2020, 04:25:59 PM
Fine, replace my example of Minecraft with any one of the other hundreds of modern games.

Sure.