Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:15:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Final Fantasy 7 - Remake

Started by Capt.Midnight, June 16, 2015, 11:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Tifa's tits are too small in the new one.

SHIT GAME.

Timothy

Postponed til April to fix bugs.

Cerys

I've waited this long - I can wait a bit longer.

Cloud

So looking forward to this.  I don't mind the delay, best to get it right.  Let it be one of the few remakes in the world that is good!

Besides, I'm hoping to squeeze in V and VI beforehand, and original VII if I have time.  Halfway through V so far.  Been living the original journey and even though none of them are connected I still want to do them in order cos I'm weird.

Feel like I'm letting the side down as a super-fan not having any plans to get the First Class edition, but £260... FUCK ME

Quote from: Kryton on January 06, 2020, 08:44:55 PM
I doubt the music will hold up in the new version.

This is my only real worry.  The music was really important for the original game IMO, a great example of music being a catalyst for emotions (particularly the sad Aeris music), and creating memories.  The bold, in-your-face Rufus music when you first walk into Junon.  The shivers of excitement the first time you get (rescued by) the Highwind to the triumphant flight music.  Even the chills I got from the version of the Shinra tune where the HQ finally gets wiped out.  It'd be so easy to "OCremix" the game's music to death.
Didn't I hear that Uematsu was involved in the remake in some way though?  That would have a very decent chance of making it rather than breaking it.

Dewt

Quote from: Cloud on January 17, 2020, 09:32:19 PM
Feel like I'm letting the side down as a super-fan not having any plans to get the First Class edition, but £260... FUCK ME
For a bunch of plastic tat that nobody artistically involved with the game is likely to have had any input on

Consignia

A colleague was browsing upcoming releases and he noticed an exorbitantly priced SpongeBob Square pants game. We assumed it included a console as well. But not it's just this wank:

Limited editions are a mugs game.

Cloud

Quote from: Dewt on January 17, 2020, 10:37:11 PM
For a bunch of plastic tat that nobody artistically involved with the game is likely to have had any input on

Yes thank you, I needed to hear this!

Plastic is a damn good point as well.  It's a game that alluded to climate change kind of stuff and we get tempted by bits of useless plastic with it.  Bah!

(Speaking of which I wonder if the usual suspects on Youtube and the like will be raging that the FFVII Remake is GRETA THUNBERG LOVING SJW TREE HUGGER HIPPIES TAKING OVER VIDEO GAMES WITH THEIR EXTINCTION REBELLION ECO TERRORISM NONSENSE and completely forgetting that the story was that way long before Greta was even born)

NoSleep

Quote from: Consignia on January 17, 2020, 10:45:15 PM
A colleague was browsing upcoming releases and he noticed an exorbitantly priced SpongeBob Square pants game. We assumed it included a console as well. But not it's just this wank:

Limited editions are a mugs game.

Can't see a mug there.

Consignia

You have pay for the even more limited edition for the mug. It's also constructed purely from crepe paper. £300 please.

Cerys

They aren't producing mugs made of materia?  They missed a trick there.

Jim Bob

Jim Bob

Quote from: Urinal Cake on January 31, 2020, 10:57:39 AM
New trailer? https://youtu.be/3alSpW18SnE

I think this will be good

Holy moly, that looks incredible!  I will keep my expectations in check, but that does look rather good.

Thursday

Very encouraging trailer because it looks to have a sense of humour and isn't ashamed to be daft and campy.

Thursday

Also very impressed by Scarlet. If they ever get to making that scene, I might just let her slap me.

bgmnts

I bet they'll make Barret gay.

Dewt

Gay (and pedophilic?) for Young Cloud.

gmoney

Quote from: Thursday on January 31, 2020, 06:21:20 PM
Very encouraging trailer because it looks to have a sense of humour and isn't ashamed to be daft and campy.

I'm not sure why it seemed to be the popular view that it would be completely po-faced. Wasn't the last FF set around a boy band?

Thursday

I think it's because the mythologising around FF7's legacy tends to leave out these elements.

Consignia

The compilation of FFVII has a lot to answer for. Most of the miserable Cloud stuff comes from that.

Pseudopath

Wasn't too bothered by this, but that bit with the Mog Moogle has won me over.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Consignia on January 31, 2020, 08:17:30 PM
The compilation of FFVII has a lot to answer for. Most of the miserable Cloud stuff comes from that.
To be fair the two main characters are pretty miserable- Cloud and Seprioth. They are also in love with each other. 

Cerys

Golden E. Pump

Yeah that looks special. There's a lot of new stuff in there but it doesn't feel out of place. Feels like when they expand a movie into a TV series.

FFVII - The Godfather
FFVII Remake - The Sopranos?

popcorn

As someone who never played FF7 (at least more than the first hour or two) that's one of the most baffling trailers I've ever seen.

Mister Six

All right, yeah, that looks like the tits. I'm happy.

Who's "second dance" bloke on the bike? I don't remember him, and I recognise everyone else. Is he some tertiary Disc 1 villain that I've totally forgotten about?

Cerys

Quote from: popcorn on February 01, 2020, 03:41:54 AM
As someone who never played FF7 (at least more than the first hour or two) that's one of the most baffling trailers I've ever seen.

As someone who has played it many, many times, that trailer made me feel all tingly in a special secret girl place.

Mister Six

Cerys