Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:49:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Final Fantasy 7 - Remake

Started by Capt.Midnight, June 16, 2015, 11:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urinal Cake

I followed a guide to get Barrett. I also got the Gold Chocobo\KOR- my friends thought I was stupid and had fallen for an Internet prank.

Thursday

Quote from: hedgehog90 on June 21, 2015, 12:28:07 AM
In FF8 you got to name the summons, so given the opportunity I named Shiva 'your pants'.
I can remember being breathless with laughter when confronted with the line:
"I underestimated the power of your pants"

Good times.

You can also name Angelo, Rinoa's Dog that she uses in Limit breaks. I don't know if it was someone here that named him "Spunk" so you got the moves "Spunk Cannon" and "Spunk Strike"

Phil_A

In FF8 you got to name the summons, so given the opportunity I named Shiva 'your pants'.

Good times.

Ah yes, FF8 was made much more entertaining for me when it became the saga of Bumface Leonhart and his nemesis, Stouffer.

HappyTree

I have never played any FF game. An HD remake of the ultimate classic of the series looks like a good place to start.

Cerys

Good times.

I named Rinoa 'my arse', for similar comedy potential.  'There's something wrong with my arse!' for example.

Quote from: Thursday on June 21, 2015, 12:38:27 AM
You can also name Angelo, Rinoa's Dog that she uses in Limit breaks. I don't know if it was someone here that named him "Spunk" so you got the moves "Spunk Cannon" and "Spunk Strike"

I tend to call him Sputum.  And the GFs Mr Firey, Mr Sloshy, Icebint, Earthbint, etc.  Apart from Griever, who is usually Syphilis.

Mister Six

The hearty chuckles I enjoyed every time I reloaded my FF10 save game and remembered that I'd called the protagonist "Bumducks" were about the most fun I had with that dreck.

lazarou

Quote from: HappyTree on June 21, 2015, 10:55:25 AM
I have never played any FF game. An HD remake of the ultimate classic of the series looks like a good place to start.
They're remaking Final Fantasy 6 too?

Hollow

Hehehe...you're right as well.

Final Fantasy VI is a real masterpiece...Seven is still amazing though...it's just not on the SNES.

Cerys

Oh, VI is beautiful.  Maybe if VII's remake is a success they'll redo VI as well.

Please.  Oh, please.

hedgehog90

I tried VI for about 10 minutes.
I just remember it had a dreadful beginning when your character is in a cave whilst enemies come from different passages. Total snooze fest I thought.
As a massive fan of VII is it weird I never got into VI?

Consignia

It took me several years to get into FF6. The beginning is quite cold and there's a couple of difficult boss fights early on. I did finally get into it awhile back, and smashed through it over a christmas period playing it on a console rather than an emulator. And it is really good, but it's nowhere near as instantly gratifying as 7. I preferred 7, but I could see why others would take 6 over it.

NoSleep

Remember how our team is a terrorist group? I wonder how they'll play that out in the remake?

Hollow

Quote from: hedgehog90 on June 21, 2015, 07:58:53 PM
I tried VI for about 10 minutes.
I just remember it had a dreadful beginning when your character is in a cave whilst enemies come from different passages. Total snooze fest I thought.
As a massive fan of VII is it weird I never got into VI?

You give up fast...all games have dreadful beginnings, more or less...Press 'square' to duck kind of tedium.

After about three hours it really gets brilliant.

Hollow

Has anyone played the NES version of FFVII?

It's a weird demake...of a chinese game...it follows the events quite well, worth a look.

Quote from: Cerys on June 21, 2015, 11:19:35 AM
I named Rinoa 'my arse', for similar comedy potential.  'There's something wrong with my arse!' for example.

I tend to call him Sputum.  And the GFs Mr Firey, Mr Sloshy, Icebint, Earthbint, etc.  Apart from Griever, who is usually Syphilis.

Oh for fucks sake will you grow up? Jesus H Christ.

Anyway,

Cloud: your dad
Barret: your dad's boyfriend
Tifa: your mam
Aeris: your sister
Red XIII: your gran

madhair60

First RPG I ever played, FFVII.  Had an appealing air of naughtiness, what with Barret saying "shit" and Cloud being sexually assaulted.

monolith

I think I also called Aeris "Bitch". I think some mates were over and I thought it was really funny.

Like others, after many hours invested I came to regret this juvenile decision.

Was such a joy to have her called "Aeris" on subsequent play throughs (of which there were many, the most recent being in 2011).

Cerys

I called her 'Dead Meat' once.  I think that was the same playthrough in which I called Yuffie 'Roadkill'.

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Beaten to it by a tagger, but is all the gay sauna stuff coming back?

Thursday

See they've said they'll bring back the crossdressing stuff, but there's some really weird shit that happens if you go to the Honey Bee Inn. I imagine it'll be a slightly sanitized version.

NoSleep

Will they still be terrorists?

Thursday

I wondered about that, it was unusual at the time it'll seem really off now.

Hollow

They are eco-terrorists though...they care about the planet.

NoSleep

And they don't mind taking out a few innocent bystanders toward the greater cause.

Consignia

I think there's a bit of paranoia about what will be taken out. I reckon it'll be quite faithful in terms of the actual content; terrorism, cross dressing, Gold Saucer all there. I think there'll be some weasling around how much terrorist they are with a lot more justification for the cause. However, I'm still concerned about the tone of the piece, I just think it's going to take itself too seriously.

Mister Six

Quote from: NoSleep on July 04, 2015, 01:14:26 PM
And they don't mind taking out a few innocent bystanders toward the greater cause.

But the whole point of the team's character arc is that once they recognise the massive damage they're causing, they come to regret their decisions and turn their backs on their old lifestyles.

Conveniently, a mega-corporation, a sword-wielding maniac, a slimy alien tentacle thing and five giant fuck-off super monsters all kick shit off before any of the protagonists have to do anything like turn themselves in to the authorities. Still.

NoSleep

Quote from: Mister Six on July 10, 2015, 08:59:00 AM
But the whole point of the team's character arc is that once they recognise the massive damage they're causing, they come to regret their decisions and turn their backs on their old lifestyles.

Conveniently, a mega-corporation, a sword-wielding maniac, a slimy alien tentacle thing and five giant fuck-off super monsters all kick shit off before any of the protagonists have to do anything like turn themselves in to the authorities. Still.

I recall they regret killing innocent bystanders from the very beginning but see it as fair do's in the bigger scheme of things. They provoke Shinra into far deadlier retribution than could have been conceived, if that's what you mean by "massive damage", but the story's moved on immediately. The group have a better view of what they must do/prevent as the story unfolds (rather than changing their "lifestyles").

Mister Six

I definitely recall scenes in the immediate aftermath of Shinra's retaliation and again in the Golden Saucer in which Cloud and Barret both worry about the decisions they've made. They're not unrepentant.

I'm more worried about how they will handle the Honeybee Mansion and the showdown with the Don.

TFW You're about to be savaged by 7 gay bears

Thursday

Honeybee Inn and Don Corneos mansion are different things!

I suspect the Honeybee Inn might take a very different form.