Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:39:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What if Chris Morris did a chat show?

Started by MoonDust, June 18, 2015, 09:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoonDust

Had a dream last night I had a DVD boxset of A Fistfull of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More, and at the end of Fistfull, a news item came on which I thought was real, until the voice over started saying a few daft things out of place, I can't remember what. Anyway, it then cut to Chris Morris - dressed as a woman for some reason - at a desk talking about the news piece and then welcoming some guest. It was funny I seem to remember, and I became convinced I'd discovered a rare Chris Morris video, so I decided I'd post it on CaB, but I didn't know how to extract video from a DVD and put it on youtube so I had to seek help from someone on here who said their mum has a computer that can do it.

Anyway, after that diversion, what if Chris Morris actually did do a chat show? Minus the drag[nb]Or maybe plus, why not?[/nb]. What sort of guests do you reckon he'll have? Would he berate them or make them say daft things in a Brass Eye manner or would it be genuine?

Just an interesting thought after an interesting dream I suppose.

Mijkediablo

Do you mean a genuine chat show a la Graham Norton only with a dark, Morrisian twist, or a take-off of a chat show in the same mood as The Day Today and Brass Eye were take-offs of news and current affairs shows? Both could work, but I'd especially love to see the latter- although I suppose it could be too close to Knowing Me Knowing You.

MoonDust

I was thinking a genuine one, but with more obscure guests. I dunno. It was just a fleeting thought after last night's dream and I wondered how Morris would be as a chat show host. Would be interesting at least.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I think he'd have been highly entertaining at his peak - think David Jatt, his radio exchanges. Would've relished it. But too much of a loose cannon and he probably wouldn't have enjoyed it in front of an audience as much.

Quincey

I think Morris would be really good at actually getting interesting chat from guests and would let them expond on an idea at length. It would be a fantastic alternative to the painful plugfest that is most chat shows.

Do you reckon he'd want to do a chatshow? Perhaps if it was more like a late night discussion show.

BlodwynPig

The corpse of Pete Cook as first guest.

Thomas

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 20, 2015, 11:06:21 AM
The corpse of Pete Cook as first guest.

And just Kevin Eldon playing all the others.

Hangthebuggers

I'm all for any new material from Chris Morris, but he's now a well known figure and a genuine chat show would always be balanced against his favour due to the suspicion of guests. I think we'd have no choice but to send him to AMERICA.

MoonDust

Chris Morris does Newsnight. Imagine that.

Mijkediablo

up_the_hampipe

I can't imagine him doing something like a chat show which requires some sort of connection to the audience. He's a very disconnected enigma in his work, even when he was a radio DJ.

greenman

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on June 24, 2015, 11:01:21 PM
I can't imagine him doing something like a chat show which requires some sort of connection to the audience. He's a very disconnected enigma in his work, even when he was a radio DJ.

The kind of straight chat show I'd imagine him doing though isn't really something that would need an audience and indeed the kind of people he'd likely be interesting in having on it or indeed would be willing to come on would probably not suit that either.

princeps

He could at least host Red Nose Day in Coogan's stead, really drum up support for those that need it.

Like the homeless.