Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:27:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Are all the old topics lost forever?

Started by AlanFarty, February 14, 2004, 01:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanFarty

Sorry if this question has been asked already, but was the old board completely wiped? I tried searching for something just now and it said no results found, but I know there should be something...

Thanks for any help.

blue jammer

In a word, yearrrrno.

That's not clear is it?

There's an archive forum here: http://chilled.cream.org/vw/

Which contains posts from (I think) Jan 2001 to middle of 2002)

Edit: actually it's right up until Jan 2004! it's the user sessions that got corrupted, meaning any user who joined after middle of 2002 had been lost, so their posts couldn't be re-assinged to their username if they re-joined.

Pinball

I know this would require a bit of work, but if users who joined after 6/2002 found an old thread they wrote, couldn't the user sessions be gradually recovered (i.e. a "linkage" established)? Personally I believe that the 3 years of archived posts have real value, and it would be worth the effort. We could share out the task too.

Ultimately, when completed, the archive could then be merged with the new forums, and we'd be back to where we were ;-)