Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:26:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gaming Headset Recommendations

Started by The Boston Crab, June 28, 2015, 12:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I got some discounted Astro A50s from Argos, last one in stock and the previous gen style/colour (though they're identical otherwise), so tgeythey were about half price. I've got to say, they are absolutely superb. I was a bit disappointed by them for a couple of days, until I realised I needed to change the PS4 settings to only run Voice Chat through them and then you use the in-built mixer to change the balance of game and voice. Previously I was running all audio through them. For whatever reason, they are completely different headphones now, and the optical cable also makes a difference. Faultless sound quality, excellent 5.1 representation and great mic. They're wireless with a little mixer which connects to the console via USB. I can't recommend these enough. Now, they are pretty costly full price which is why I mentioned the Argos thing. Have a look because the new cosmetic upgrade (blue instead of red detailing...) is no different in terms of SQ.