Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:46:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2015 ****OFFICIAL DRAW****

Started by Consignia, June 28, 2015, 04:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consignia

It's here!!!! The official draw for the 2015 Wimblewrong. Any further entries will have to sit on the bench in the event of a drop out.

A word before the actual draw, because of the lop-sided nature of the entrants, there will be two rounds were best of's will advance. In the first round, the highest scoring loser will advance, and the second the two highest losers will advance so:

Round 1: 22 entrants
Round 2: 11 Winners + Best Loser
Quarter Finals: 6 Winners + 2 Best Losers
Semi Finals: 4 Winners
Final: 2 Winner (probably have 3/4th place play off as well)

Without further a do, here is the official draw:

Game 1: Hangthebuggers vs DukeDeMondo
Game 2: Poisson Du Jour  vs chocky909
Game 3 : Miles vs alan nagsworth
Game 4 : Paul Calf vs glitch
Game 5 : Big Jack McBastard vs wasp_f15ting
Game 6 : kittens vs Crabwalk
Game 7 : Frazer vs Petey Pate
Game 8 : Subtle Mocking vs Eight Taiwanese Teenagers
Game 9 : ziggy starbucks vs DocDaneeka
Game 10 : BlodwynPig vs Old Thrashbarg
Game 11 : Cerys vs Ray Travez

Everybody, let's wimblewronging!

Crabwalk

Quote from: Consignia on June 28, 2015, 04:38:17 PM
Game 5 : Big Jack McBastard vs wasp_f15ting

May God have mercy on our souls.

Consignia

Yes, they do. I'll repost them here for clarity:

Quote1. Each match will consist of two shots per player, except the final in which there are three shots per player.
2. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) can put what they want in their picture.  But all subsequent pictures (i.e the return) must contain, either visually or conceptually, an element of the previous picture.
3. The pictures will be 800 x 600, or 600 x 800 pixels in size.
4. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread immediately after play has ended (i.e. when the 4th picture of each match has been posted).  The voting will last for 48 hours.
5. Common sense prevails in image choice.
6. Pictures can be uploaded to places like photobucket.com for those who have no webspace, but the picture must be displayed in the game thread.

And a reminder of time permitted:  You have 72 hours to post an image from when the round starts or from when the last shot has been posted. Keep a look out on your game for when your opponent posts their shot, as it's from that time that the 72 hours start.

Paul Calf

Consignia

You create a new thread in this forum for each game. So for you, you will need to create a thread called something like "Wimblewrong 2015 Round 1 Paul Calf vs glitch" and post your first image in there. glitch will then post his return image in it, and then post your return, and finally he will end the match posting his in there. Voting will then happen in that thread. And new rounds will have new threads.

EDIT: Ah, you sly devil. You snuck you serve in whilst I was writing that.

Big Jack McBastard

Quote from: Crabwalk on June 28, 2015, 06:08:57 PM
May God have mercy on our souls.

<grins>

I'm sure it'll be lovely. My serve eh?

<noodles>

Paul Calf

Quote from: Consignia on June 28, 2015, 09:32:36 PM
You create a new thread in this forum for each game. So for you, you will need to create a thread called something like "Wimblewrong 2015 Round 1 Paul Calf vs glitch" and post your first image in there. glitch will then post his return image in it, and then post your return, and finally he will end the match posting his in there. Voting will then happen in that thread. And new rounds will have new threads.

EDIT: Ah, you sly devil. You snuck you serve in whilst I was writing that.

I worked it out. Ta.

kittens

i'm moving house tomorrow and packing all day today. the cut off for the first round is 16.38 on wednesday right? if so i should be able to make it in time

DukeDeMondo

Right what's goin on here, how do we decide who goes first in each match? Is it the first named? Do I now wait for HTB's openin shot?

I just don't know.

Cerys

Big Jack McBastard

Oi Consignia, Subtle Mocking tweeted me earlier and sadly cannie join us in the reindeer games so a bit of recasting is in order.

Consignia

Oh, fuck socks. Anyone to set up and replace Subtle Mocking? ETT will you be willing to go first? I'll jump in if no one else does, but I'm quite busy this week, so I'm not able to play until the weekend.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Ok will put together a shot this evening, hopefully someone will step up to the plate...

selectivememory

Fuck it, I'll have a go if you're still looking for a player. Busy over the next couple of days, but I'll be able to throw something together in time if ETT does serve.

Consignia

Quote from: selectivememory on June 30, 2015, 11:26:19 AM
Fuck it, I'll have a go if you're still looking for a player. Busy over the next couple of days, but I'll be able to throw something together in time if ETT does serve.

You are a star, mate. Thanks for stepping in.

DocDaneeka

I'm too photoshop rusty to take on Ziggy in the first round! Thank shite I don't have to serve.

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: DukeDeMondo on June 29, 2015, 05:07:06 PM
Right what's goin on here, how do we decide who goes first in each match? Is it the first named? Do I now wait for HTB's openin shot?

I just don't know.

Sorry about this, I didn't see the draw. I'll get cracking tonight.

Hangthebuggers

Crabwalk

How was the move Kittens? Hope it went well buddy.

Spoiler alert
Where's your fucking shot you doss cunt
[close]

kittens

bollocks i fucked it
could we possibly switch who goes first, i'm all busy moving in
if not i can try to get one in for 4pm tomorrow (24 hr extension is okay right?) but the quality of the picture will probably suffer

sorry lads i'm a fucko

Big Jack McBastard

Promise I'll get started tomorrow (at some point in the evening probs) it's been too sunny/worky/gym-ish over the last few days to contemplate sitting in this hot ass bedroom (ladies) any longer than is necessary.

Crabwalk

Quote from: kittens on July 01, 2015, 06:51:22 PM
bollocks i fucked it
could we possibly switch who goes first, i'm all busy moving in
if not i can try to get one in for 4pm tomorrow (24 hr extension is okay right?) but the quality of the picture will probably suffer

sorry lads i'm a fucko

Ok, I'll serve then. Should have it ready tomorrow night.

kittens

that's great, sorry for messing around but rest assured it was not my fault

wasp_f15ting

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on July 01, 2015, 07:26:38 PM
Promise I'll get started tomorrow (at some point in the evening probs) it's been too sunny/worky/gym-ish over the last few days to contemplate sitting in this hot ass bedroom (ladies) any longer than is necessary.

Taps fingers on desk..

Passive-Aggressive Susan

It's alright Mr Wasp, I'm sure Alan 'Nagsworth' is right on top of this.

Big Jack McBastard

Quote from: wasp_f15ting on July 02, 2015, 08:17:11 PM
Taps fingers on desk..

Keep yer heair on, it'll be done during the weekend at some point, got work two days running now but I've knackered myself gym-wise for a few days so I've *some* free time.

Crabwalk

You do know other people have jobs, commitments and lives too, right?

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Quote from: Crabwalk on July 02, 2015, 09:16:25 PM
You do know other people have jobs, commitments and lives too, right?

Think you forgot to log in to Susan here

Crabwalk