Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:58:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2015/16

Started by finnquark, July 07, 2015, 06:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Dammage

phantom_power

Still not addressed the obvious striker and central defender issues but hopefully that will come

BlodwynPig

Quote from: phantom_power on July 13, 2015, 07:13:48 AM
Still not addressed the obvious striker and central defender issues but hopefully that will come

Nah. As long as you have 11 players on the pitch, my grandfather used to say, you'll always have a striker and central defender, like it or not.

Mijkediablo

Shoulders?-Stomach!

What a mistake-ah-to-make-ah (mistake to make)

Failed a lot recently so a poor appointment. I like the guy though so will be cheering him on.

Van Dammage

Liverpool looking to spend the sterling money on Marco Reus...but Reus signed a contract extension this year so I can't see him leaving yet...or joining Liverpool really

Utter Shit

No way is Reus going to Liverpool. If there was even a hint that he was willing to leave Dortmund, the likes of Madrid, Bayern and the rest would be in for him instantly.

Won our first friendly 7-0 tonight.

League 2 title is practically in the bag.

BlodwynPig

One for the desolation thread:

Tranmere won their first pre-season friendly 3-0 against the mighty Heswell... 3 hours later they completed a 7-0 win over Vauxhall motors, all goals scored by trialists. We welcome powerhouse Shrewsbury to Prenton Park soon for the first of two big name friendlies. Shrewsbury.

Tapiocahead

Quote from: finnquark on July 07, 2015, 09:19:27 PM
We let big Kyle go, he's at Hednesford now. But we've still got Simon Richman; he's fantastic, an absolutely crucial player for us. Oh yeah and we've still got James Lawrie, who looks like a League One level player once every four games and is a joke the other three.

Mark Marshall's rolled up at City. Any use?

holyzombiejesus

Yes. Definitely. Great workrate, skillful and speedy. Some of his crossing and shooting can be a little wayward at times but Vale fans unanimously wanted him to stay (which it seems he nearly did until our chairman withdrew his contract offer). Not the most consistent player but if he were he'd probably be playing at a higher level.

Check out his winner against Barnsley.
https://youtu.be/qYtuafaRDis

It's a shame he left us. He said that the issue wasn't money but that he was still living n London and commuting to Burslem every day on the train. I think he was holding out for a London club, or at least one closer to home, but when none came through and the deadline for accepting his new contract had passed, he apparently contacted Vale asking if he could accept. Unfortunately, by then we'd signed a replacement so he's had to move even further away.

Tapiocahead

Sounds like a very Parkinson signing. He likes players that are proven in this division.

I think a pacey winger can do a lot of good in this league, even if they're playing badly they worry defenders and midfielders and create space elsewhere.

Some dodgy penalties in that Barnsley match.

I've got a spare room if he's desperate. I can give him a lift down to the ground as well.

Eis Nein

Maradonderson. Messi lucky to share that FIFA cover with such luminous beauty.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Tapiocahead on July 14, 2015, 03:56:58 PM
Sounds like a very Parkinson signing. He likes players that are proven in this division.

I think a pacey winger can do a lot of good in this league, even if they're playing badly they worry defenders and midfielders and create space elsewhere.

Some dodgy penalties in that Barnsley match.

I've got a spare room if he's desperate. I can give him a lift down to the ground as well.

He's only small, could probably stay in the cupboard under the stairs.

How many season tickets have you sold now? I like Bradford (except when you nicked Lee Mills off us) and now I've moved house it's probably the 2nd closest match for me, after Rochdale. Matches between us are usually a bit tedious though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, good luck against those vile cunts from Coventry whenever you play them.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Eis Nein on July 14, 2015, 04:04:51 PM
Maradonderson. Messi lucky to share that FIFA cover with such luminous beauty.

They don't call him Jordan Tremendouson for nothing!

thraxx

Sterling a great signing for City.  I'm sure he'll manage to score 7 league goals for them and a handful of assists over the course of a full season.

Queneau

I didn't even know Sterling wanted to leave Liverpool!!!!!!!!

Tapiocahead

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 14, 2015, 04:17:45 PM
He's only small, could probably stay in the cupboard under the stairs.

How many season tickets have you sold now? I like Bradford (except when you nicked Lee Mills off us) and now I've moved house it's probably the 2nd closest match for me, after Rochdale. Matches between us are usually a bit tedious though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, good luck against those vile cunts from Coventry whenever you play them.

About 18000 apparently. It helps that they cost £149 for adults and under 11s are free - how many folk actually show up for the games is another matter.

I liked Lee Mills, him and Robbie Blake had a proper big man/little man partnership that got us into the Premier League in 98/99. He was out of his depth at that level though.
Last game I saw him play for City was against Zenit St Petersburg in the Inter-toto cup.

Van Dammage

Seems Cavani and Lewandowski are top of uniteds striker lists

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Tapiocahead on July 14, 2015, 10:18:38 PM
About 18000 apparently. It helps that they cost £149 for adults and under 11s are free - how many folk actually show up for the games is another matter.

I liked Lee Mills, him and Robbie Blake had a proper big man/little man partnership that got us into the Premier League in 98/99. He was out of his depth at that level though.
Last game I saw him play for City was against Zenit St Petersburg in the Inter-toto cup.

You've got Billy Knott too, haven't you? He's another we wanted to keep hold of but ended up losing.

Only won 2-0 in our second friendly.

Getting the jitters already. Maybe a play-off spot will have to do.

Blinder Data

DER DER LASAAAAAAAAGNAAAAAAA, LASAAAAAAAGNAAAAAAA, DOO DOOOO, DOO DOO DOOOOOOO, DOO DOO THE CHAMPIIIIIOOOONNNNSSS (doo doo doo DOO)

Off to see Celtic begin their Champions League campaign tonight versus some Icelandic team famous on YouTube for doing funny celebrations.

Got a good feeling about this year: team is much more settled, bought some seemingly good players early on, think we'll avoid trickier opponents in the qualifiers.

Can't wait till we're winning the odd game at home versus a big European side and finishing 3rd in the group stage!

Eis Nein

I shall be rocking back and forth muttering "At least we didn't buy Bony" through my knees for the next few weeks.

Ta-ra.

ollyboro

Gibbo's  only gone and raided Bulkhaul's tea and biscuit tin and brought Stewie home. Good to see an Academy lad, who definitely isn't a nonce, back where he belongs. In an above average Championship team.

Quote from: ollyboro on July 16, 2015, 08:14:30 PM
Gibbo's  only gone and raided Bulkhaul's tea and biscuit tin and brought Stewie home. Good to see an Academy lad, who definitely isn't a nonce, back where he belongs. In an above average Championship team.

Does he want to swoop in for Matthew Bates as well? Affectionately nicknamed Fatty Bates by our supporters.

holyzombiejesus

There's this fantasy football style thing that some of us at work take part in; it's non profit so I hope it's ok to mention it here.

You get given 100 thousand (virtual) quid and have to buy 10 football teams with it; 3 Prem and 3 Championship, 2 a piece from the other 2 divisions. A team's cost is based on if they're any good, so Chelsea are 30k, M'boro, Swindon and Luton are 20 and the likes of Sunderland, Hartlepool and Crewe are 5k each. You keep these teams throughout the season (no transfers) and score weekly depending on win/ draw/ lose and goals scored/ against. It's 5 quid to enter a team, you can enter as many teams as you like and all the money goes back out as prizes. The prizes aren't necessarily for the top teams either; the top 10 (or so) gets the bulk but 25th, 50th etc all get some too. There's also a knockout cup throughout the season. It's good fun and you get weekly email updates from the man who runs it from his spare room.

If you want the details of how to enter, PM me.

the hum

Hammers just edging it right now...against the Maltese cup winners.

Meanwhile Aberdeen are 3-0 up away against the Croatian league runners-up. Impressive.

ollyboro

Quote from: Peter P. Parrot on July 16, 2015, 08:26:34 PM
Does he want to swoop in for Matthew Bates as well? Affectionately nicknamed Fatty Bates by our supporters.
Too fucking right! Justin Lee fucking Collins could do a shit programme about reuniting Boro's FA Youth Cup winning team.  Tracking Bates, Cattermole and Wheater down wouldn't be difficult, and by the time the programme is made Adam Johnson might be tagged up on day release. And afterwards Collins could psychologically terrorise the tea lady.

Van Dammage

Jonny Evans to Everton apparently