Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:22:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sausages and chips

Started by 303, July 08, 2015, 01:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

small minded cretin

Quote from: monkfromhavana on July 08, 2015, 03:38:44 PM
Gammon and chips is fine
bacon and chips is fine
sausage and chips is fine
egg and chips is fine
chips and chips is fine
steak and chips is fine

Bacon boiling joint (that's what my mum called it) can FUCK RIGHT OFF.

Mushy peas can fuck off too.

what? is this some kind of test?

bacon goes with other approved breakfast items (available all day), or on bread.

mook

you can put it over birds when you're roasting them YOU BASTARD

monkfromhavana

Any of the things listed above can have extras placed on the plate with them. Chips as part of a fry-up is fine.

wosl

Quote from: mook on July 08, 2015, 03:46:40 PMyou can put it over birds

I really wouldn't have had you down as someone who uses packet custard.

small minded cretin

Quote from: mook on July 08, 2015, 03:46:40 PM
you can put it over birds when you're roasting them YOU BASTARD

the disgustingly sexist and racist behaviour of a premiership footballer on tour in a muslim country

mook

Quote from: monkfromhavana on July 08, 2015, 03:48:07 PM
Chips as part of a fry-up is fine.

nope, that's not on.

you're the sort of person who would have boiled potatoes & roast potatoes with a roast dinner. hell, you'd probably have mash spuds too. STANDARDS ARE SLIPPING.!

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: great_badir on July 08, 2015, 01:29:00 PM
Brown or red?

The answer, of course, is both.  With a bit of mustard as well.

I'm also very tempted to add a fried egg...

Mustard?? That is perverse. Ketchup or HP, not both that's greedy.

I would add a fried egg though and some buttered bread to make some chip and sausage sandwiches.

im barry bethel

Sausages need either bacon wrapped round them like you have at Christmas or an egg yolk to dip them in, anything else marks you out as a pervert.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: mook on July 08, 2015, 04:00:25 PM
nope, that's not on.

you're the sort of person who would have boiled potatoes & roast potatoes with a roast dinner. hell, you'd probably have mash spuds too.

I'd probably have chips with it too.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: im barry bethel on July 08, 2015, 05:10:14 PM
Sausages need either bacon wrapped round them like you have at Christmas or an egg yolk to dip them in, anything else marks you out as a pervert.

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF

edit...wrong thread sorry

WesterlyWinds

I need help. I've got a lovely sausage casserole ready to be warmed up, but do I wait 20 minutes and cook chips or just have bread and butter?? Christ my life is hard.

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: mook on July 08, 2015, 01:33:27 PM
grilled tomato or tinned? IT'S A FUCKING DILEMMA as old as time, probably

Grilled. Only people like ISIS used fucking tinned tomatoes in a fry up situation.

Quote from: WesterlyWinds on July 08, 2015, 06:09:10 PM
I need help. I've got a lovely sausage casserole ready to be warmed up, but do I wait 20 minutes and cook chips or just have bread and butter?? Christ my life is hard.

Chips, you know it'll be worth the wait.

WesterlyWinds

Quote from: 303 on July 08, 2015, 06:11:44 PM
Chips, you know it'll be worth the wait.

But what if I get fat and die alone?

mook

Quote from: Hangthebuggers on July 08, 2015, 06:10:34 PM
Grilled. Only people like ISIS used fucking tinned tomatoes in a fry up situation.

not a fry up situation, it was sausage & chips situation you bellflap. the tin toms are better than ketchup, they just are. GAMECHANGER!!

Thursday

Yes it's a wonderful situation where the option that's healthier also tastes better. Don't turn it down you fools.

Quote from: WesterlyWinds on July 08, 2015, 06:12:16 PM

Trust me it'll be worth it.

Thursday

Quote from: WesterlyWinds on July 08, 2015, 06:12:16 PM

What if you stay in shape and end up in a loveless marriage out of fear of dying alone?

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: mook on July 08, 2015, 06:12:22 PM
not a fry up situation, it was sausage & chips situation you bellflap. the tin toms are better than ketchup, they just are. GAMECHANGER!!

Yes ok not a fry up, but you'd be a fool for not considering beans.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Hangthebuggers on July 08, 2015, 06:10:34 PM

Grilled tomatoes in a fry-up are for people who need to get a grip. Every time I've had grilled tomatoes they basically just tasted like lukewarm tomato with a bit of char on. You need the juice you get from tinned tomato to lube up the rest of the fry-up. Makes it go down easier whilst adding a frisson of tomato.

And you can have beans as well, just keep them on the other side of the plate.

Benjaminos

Quote from: small minded cretin on July 08, 2015, 02:31:28 PM
do you mean gammon? because if you're actually suggesting a plate of boiled ham, egg, and chips you need to fuck off.

NO YOU FUCK OFF

I said ham, and I meant ham. Nice thick-cut honey roasted ham, egg and chips. Get to fuck with your gammon, Oxbridge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_and_chips (no ham, but there is a helpful picture of egg and chips in case you didn't know what it looked like)

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: monkfromhavana on July 08, 2015, 06:38:29 PM
Grilled tomatoes in a fry-up are for people who need to get a grip. Every time I've had grilled tomatoes they basically just tasted like lukewarm tomato with a bit of char on. You need the juice you get from tinned tomato to lube up the rest of the fry-up. Makes it go down easier whilst adding a frisson of tomato.

This is fighting talk. Grilled tomatoes and a tiny bit of pepper, sausages, chips and a plate of eggs and you're laughing all the way to the bank.
Tinned tomatoes with chips and sausage is a slippery slope. Next minute you'll be putting heroin on your cereal or injecting mayonnaise or something.

I'll have no more of this silly talk.

mook

Quote from: monkfromhavana on July 08, 2015, 06:38:29 PM

And you can have beans as well, just keep them on the other side of the plate.

bloody right keep them separate - bean juice mixing with tomato liquor is mayhem. you end up with neither one thing nor the other. that's why bubble & squeak is essential in a fry up. it acts as a dam but also one and a bit of your five a day.

Hangthebuggers

Quote from: mook on July 08, 2015, 06:46:30 PM
bloody right keep them separate - bean juice mixing with tomato liquor is mayhem. you end up with neither one thing nor the other. that's why bubble & squeak is essential in a fry up. it acts as a dam but also one and a bit of your five a day.

Just get rid of the tinned toms and you'd never have to put up with this business in the first place. I trust you on all food related things mook, I really do. What with your bread database etc.

But on this occasion, we're delving into the maws of insanity. And quite frankly I don't like it one bit.

Benjaminos

Tomatoes are the shittest 'filler' item going, with cucumber a close second. They ruin everything with their excess juice - soggy sandwiches, over-hydrated breakfasts, and they're horrible to boot. The only acceptable tomato is the one with a load of added salt and sugar that comes in a Heinz bottle.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: 303 on July 08, 2015, 01:27:56 PM
Sausages and chips

Tracey Emin is really pushing it now a days, what's next? A tin of soup? crazy.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: mook on July 08, 2015, 06:46:30 PM
bubble & squeak is essential in a fry up.

There's always one isn't there?

You can stick your bubble n squeak up your arse...and if there's any Scottish people reading, you can stick your Tattie scones up your arses too. Ridiculous.

Chips, hash browns or Birdseye potato waffles. That's your potato content in a fry-up.

WesterlyWinds

Quote from: 303 on July 08, 2015, 06:30:52 PM
Trust me it'll be worth it.

You were right. I'll never question the wisdom of chips again.

Quote from: Thursday on July 08, 2015, 06:33:11 PM
What if you stay in shape and end up in a loveless marriage out of fear of dying alone?

Ha ha looser

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Hangthebuggers on July 08, 2015, 06:44:41 PM

Tinned tomatoes with chips and sausage is a slippery slope. Next minute you'll be putting heroin on your cereal or injecting mayonnaise or something.

I'll have no more of this silly talk.

As part of a fry-up, tinned tomatoes are fine. They are the only instance when I would eat them like that though. If I was just having chips, egg and sausage I wouldn't have them, obviously, because I'm not mental. I wouldn't have grilled tomato either though. Beans or nothing.

mook

just look at this.

gravyinafuckingbitabubble.

there has been some awful crimes (carrots in it for ffs) committed against that staple of quintessential fried up grub, but that is a bastard thing to do.