Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:17:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sausages and chips

Started by 303, July 08, 2015, 01:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkfromhavana

I agree, but it's that tiny dollop of mustard on one of the sausages that sends me over the edge.

doppelkorn

It's the tiny dollop of mustard on one of the sausages that gets a tiny dollop of mustard out of your sausage, you mean?

doppelkorn

"Hey, Mike, why not make weird food-based sexual suggestions to a stranger on the internet? Your life could involve this!"

"Thanks, yeah I will."

small minded cretin

Quote from: mook on July 08, 2015, 06:12:22 PM
not a fry up situation, it was sausage & chips situation you bellflap. the tin toms are better than ketchup, they just are. GAMECHANGER!!

First you say no mash with a roast and I was prepared to let it go. It wasn't easy, but a mans spuds are his own domain. But, now you say tinned tomatoes just there on a plate. Not an ingredient in a one pot dish, or as part of a tasty sauce, but just there... On. the. Fucking. plate. running pissy water onto the chips and making them soggy. Befouling a noble sausage. The vibe is all wrong. You're a fucking wrong 'un mate. You should never be allowed to choose your own food.

small minded cretin

Quote from: Benjaminos on July 08, 2015, 06:39:25 PM
NO YOU FUCK OFF

I said ham, and I meant ham. Nice thick-cut honey roasted ham, egg and chips. Get to fuck with your gammon, Oxbridge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_and_chips (no ham, but there is a helpful picture of egg and chips in case you didn't know what it looked like)

I may have been a tad hasty here. If it's boiled ham you can utterly fuck the fuck off waaaay over there, but I discounted a nice thick slice of Christmas ham with cloves and mustardy glamour.

I say okey dokey to hammy chip chip yolky.

MoonDust

Pijlstaart

We all like sausages, even though there are lots of different kinds. Have any of you had to deal with those posh sausages with the really thick casing? I've got rubbish little baby teeth and I just can't bite through it. I can cut it open with a knife but then I can''t chew up the skin and I have to spit it out or else I'll choke. Chip casings are fine.

Thursday

The thing is sausages are best when they've been roasting in the chicken greases, but I don't know that they'd work as well in any context outside of a roast. And there's no way of testing it because it would be far too much effort.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: 303 on July 08, 2015, 01:27:56 PM
Sausages and chips

Would it make me a monster to suggest some onion and green pepper well sweated in the sausage grease? 

small minded cretin

none of your 'world foods' here please, pal.

MuteBanana

Red sauce for sausage and chips. Brown sauce for just sausages.

Brown is too aggressive for chips. Sausages can stand up to it a bit more.

SetToStun

Quote from: Pijlstaart on July 08, 2015, 10:02:10 PMI've got rubbish little baby teeth

Monster!

Anyway, it's time to settle this once and for all. If you are having plain old sausage and chips, the only additions allowable are a couple of fried eggs and two (and only two) condiments of your choosing. Anything else is anarchy.

If, however, you want to raise your game it's CURRYWURST WITH FRIED POTATOES, MOTHERFUCKER. Be a man. Try it. Love it. Live it.

im barry bethel

Quote from: monkfromhavana on July 08, 2015, 06:57:51 PM
Chips, hash browns or Birdseye potato waffles. That's your potato content in a fry-up.
No no no no no, the whole point of a fry up is protein..

Bacon-protein
Sausages[nb]pork, none of that beef crap[/nb]protein
Eggs (fried)-protein
Eggs (scrambled)-protein
Heinz baked beans-protein
Mushrooms-protein
Fried tomatoes-protein[nb]fuck off they are[/nb]
White bread and butter-counts as protein cause how else you gonna mop the plate clean?

great_badir

Quote from: im barry bethel on July 09, 2015, 10:30:54 AM
No no no no no, the whole point of a fry up is protein..

Bacon-protein
Sausages[nb]pork, none of that beef crap[/nb]protein
Eggs (fried)-protein
Eggs (scrambled)-protein
Heinz baked beans-protein
Mushrooms-protein
Fried tomatoes-protein[nb]fuck off they are[/nb]
White bread and butter-counts as protein cause how else you gonna mop the plate clean?

Just to say I'm very fond of beef sausages.

Blumf

monkfromhavana

great_badir

I prefer them over curtains.

Thursday

Quote from: MuteBanana on July 09, 2015, 09:57:54 AM
Red sauce for sausage and chips. Brown sauce for just sausages.

Brown is too aggressive for chips. Sausages can stand up to it a bit more.

Ooof "Red Sauce" it's Ketchup mate.

great_badir

Quote from: Thursday on July 09, 2015, 01:55:18 PM

Not the cheap shit he buys.

monkfromhavana

Blinder Data

Quote from: great_badir on July 08, 2015, 01:29:00 PM
Brown or red?

The answer, of course, is both.  With a bit of mustard as well.

I'm also very tempted to add a fried egg...

Mate, obviously brown and to be honest the fact you're considering red sausages makes me worry you're not cooking them for long enough.[nb]DEFINITELY worth quoting something from 3 pages ago, aw yeah[/nb]

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Thursday on July 09, 2015, 01:55:18 PM

This. You might as well call mustard "yellow sauce".

Incidentally, if you're ever in Chicago and get a hot dog, don't ask for ketchup on it unless you want to be verbally abused by the vendor/any locals within earshot.

Blumf

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on July 09, 2015, 02:57:14 PM

It's not a sauce, it's a paste. Yellow sauce would be chip shop curry.

Blinder Data

I was informed by my Scottish father that saying 'ketchup' is well English. Is that the case?

I've always said ketchup at home, but red sauce in the chippy or café. I don't know why this is, but it makes sense.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Blumf on July 09, 2015, 03:07:38 PM
It's not a sauce, it's a paste. Yellow sauce would be chip shop curry.

It can be a sauce or a paste, depends on the consistency.

mook

Quote from: Blinder Data on July 09, 2015, 03:09:14 PM
I was informed by my Scottish father that saying 'ketchup' is well English. Is that the case?

I've always said ketchup at home, but red sauce in the chippy or café. I don't know why this is, but it makes sense.

it's indian-ish. your dad is a racist & you can tell him that from me.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on July 09, 2015, 02:57:14 PM

Incidentally, if you're ever in Chicago and get a hot dog, don't ask for ketchup on it unless you want to be verbally abused by the vendor/any locals within earshot.

It's red sauce and it's only to be put on sausages when in a sandwich in  my book. Brown can go own sausage sandwiches too, or  on fry-ups. Red sauce is for chips with other things.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: mook on July 09, 2015, 03:10:59 PM
it's indian-ish. your dad is a racist & you can tell him that from me.

It's actually Chinese. Who's the racist now, you racist?

great_badir

Can't we all just be happy with what we all like and not get too offended by others' choices, no matter how seemingly odd to us?

Quote from: monkfromhavana on July 09, 2015, 03:12:37 PM
It's red sauce and it's only to be put on sausages when in a sandwich in  my book. Brown can go own sausage sandwiches too, or  on fry-ups. Red sauce is for chips with other things.

You dreadful nazi child killing cunt.

monkfromhavana

I'd also like to point out, for the record, that the only sauces allowed by me to be put on chip shop chips (not fries!) are curry, or maybe gravy if you're scum.