Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:00:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sausages and chips

Started by 303, July 08, 2015, 01:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mook

Quote from: monkfromhavana on July 09, 2015, 03:15:35 PM
It's actually Chinese. Who's the racist now, you racist?

i put near "ish" on the end. close enough is near enough. whose (who's?) the RACIST now... hint IT'S you & your dad

NEW BASTARDRY page arseholes... shit on stilts

monkfromhavana

Quote from: mook on July 09, 2015, 03:20:56 PM
i put near "ish" on the end. close enough is near enough. whose (who's?) the RACIST now... hint IT'S you & your dad

My dad's Chinese.

small minded cretin

Quote from: SetToStun on July 09, 2015, 10:29:30 AM

Monster!

Anyway, it's time to settle this once and for all. If you are having plain old sausage and chips, the only additions allowable are a couple of fried eggs and two (and only two) condiments of your choosing. Anything else is anarchy.

If, however, you want to raise your game it's CURRYWURST WITH FRIED POTATOES, MOTHERFUCKER. Be a man. Try it. Love it. Live it.

Or beans/peas obvs. Clearly an oversight on your part.

mook

Quote from: monkfromhavana on July 09, 2015, 03:23:51 PM
My dad's Chinese.
they are the most racist of all the racists... they really are, far worse than the average austrailian.

Blumf

Quote from: monkfromhavana on July 09, 2015, 03:18:47 PM
...the only sauces allowed by me to be put on chip shop chips (not fries!) are curry, or maybe gravy if you're scum.

You're right, there's just something not right about people who put gravy on their chips.

studpuppet

great_badir

Quote from: small minded cretin on July 09, 2015, 03:24:56 PM
Or beans/peas obvs.

Careful - when I suggested this to someone earlier in the thread, I received a neg.

You have been warned...

monkfromhavana

I find the sausage / pea thing a bit weird if I'm being honest. Especially with chips. It seems far more normal[nb]unlike me[/nb] to have peas and sausage with mashed potato.

mook

Quote from: great_badir on July 09, 2015, 03:38:12 PM
Careful - when I suggested this to someone earlier in the thread, I received a neg.

You have been warned...

we haven't got to the 70s salad with the sausage & chips yet have we?

need peas with that FOR FUCK'S SAKES.

great_badir

Quote from: mook on July 09, 2015, 03:41:50 PM

Oh, I'm all for people to have their own fancies, but salad with sausage and chips?

Nononononono, nothing about that is right at all.

That's it, I quit my libertarian ways - that is not acceptable.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: mook on July 09, 2015, 03:41:50 PM

What is a "70s salad"?

im barry bethel

MuteBanana

Peas only work with a saucy main.

Beans provide moisture for sausage, chips, waffles, mash, fish fingers.

chand

Quote from: MuteBanana on July 09, 2015, 10:46:14 PM
Peas only work with a saucy main.

Peas don't really work with anything, the rat bastards. Whenever I have to eat peas I feel a surge of resentment as I imagine all the things that could be there instead of peas. I still eat them because I'm an upstanding modern citizen, but nobody will ever convince me that they actually like peas. Peas are basically nothing. Empty nuggets of disappointment. Little void-balls. Fuck peas, and fuck Big Pea and the fatcat pea barons that have perpetuated the pea lie.

Anyway, sausage and chips is an A+ tea innit, slap some baked beans on the side of that shit if you like, but just sausage and chips on its own is fucking great. Gravy if you're going to the chippy and feeling a bit frisky. Blob of ketchup on the side, if it's a Friday night maybe a couple of slices of buttered white bread too. The tits.

SetToStun

Quote from: chand on July 10, 2015, 08:57:54 AMnobody will ever convince me that they actually like peas.

She Who Must Be Obeyed says that she loves peas, but I have a feeling that may be something to do with the fact that they are essentially calorie-free as I can't actually see how anyone could derive real pleasure from eating the dratted things.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

great_badir

I do genuinely like small peas (I refuse to call them by their middle class trademark name), but the normal sized "garden" ones are like eating little balls of flavourless sandy paste.  "Mmmmmm, so sweet" I hear people[NB]like Nigel Slater or Hugh Stock-Whitting-Stock[/NB] say, but they don't fool me.  They're liars.

Same goes for mushy peas.  Blech.

mook

Quote from: SetToStun on July 10, 2015, 09:09:40 AM
She Who Must Be Obeyed says that she loves peas, but I have a feeling that may be something to do with the fact that they are essentially calorie-free as I can't actually see how anyone could derive real pleasure from eating the dratted things.

i feel the need to romance your woman, ask her if she wants a drunk Arsenal fan to cook her charred lettuce & peas. she will say yes.

Give me the recipe for charred lettuce and peas and I can also be that drunk arsenal fan please

mook

you ain't got the minerals son &tc

SetToStun

Quote from: mook on July 10, 2015, 09:16:18 AM
i feel the need to romance your woman, ask her if she wants a drunk Arsenal fan to cook her charred lettuce & peas. she will say yes.

She already has a drunk Arsenal fan to cook for her - sorry, old son. I might have a go at the charred lettuce thing, though - sounds interesting.

mook

^ do it with lamb chops, cook it for her tomorrow. KEEP 'EM CRISPY!1!

Is it just like petit pois a la francaise but burnt?

mook

burnt? you cheeky get. you're going to get a neg for that & five more for not using a capital "a" in Arsenal.

edit... as soon as i get my karma respunked.

Quote from: mook on July 10, 2015, 09:34:24 AM
burnt? you cheeky get. you're going to get a neg for that & five more for not using a capital "a" in Arsenal.

edit... as soon as i get my karma respunked.

If we're going to go around negging people for not using capital letters, you're in trouble daddio.

mook

you just wait & see what happens to your acc.

Vodka Margarine

Quote from: Eight Taiwanese Teenagers on July 10, 2015, 09:15:18 AM
Can I also recommend a book? About breakfast I mean.

http://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/the-breakfast-bible-9781408842720/

Who'd have guessed that our very own Mr Eggs was quite so twee.