Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,473
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:35:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Things to do...play your PS3 with a PS4 pad.

Started by Hollow, July 11, 2015, 03:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollow

It's ace, we all know deep down that the old dual shock sticks were awful, even those fanboys that valiantly swore by them knew.

What I've been doing is realising just how shit they were by playing on my PS3 with the excellent PS4 pad...which useless touch pad aside is everything that the dual shock should've been for oh...the last 16 years.

Ever since the xbox showed the way with a simple indent to put your thumb in, Sony has been doggedly sticking to it's guns and essentially ruining an entire two generations of gaming, cause those old pads had a glaring problem, you couldn't keep your thumb on them for any length of time and the travel of the stick is awful and just wrong.

I hit a brick wall on Wipeout HD...too hard I thought...playing it now with the DS4 it's like it's a different game, control is SO much better.

Suddenly first person shooters feel right for the first time....Vanquish plays like an absolute dream...There  are certain incompatibility issues...the D pad feels a bit funny, not sure it's reading diagonals right, telling on 2d games.

Those that haven't should give it a go...then go back to your DS3...awful pads.

chocky909

I've tried, I can't get it to pair for some reason. I watched tutorials and updated firmware but no joy...

Hollow

Just attach it with the wire for now...that's very weird though...as it did it first time.

Did you have your PS4 on at the same time...cause it's very possessive.

chocky909

Ooh maybe. My PS4 is on standby in the other room so maybe that's it?

Thursday

It's odd how reluctant they seemed to be to learn from each other. PS3 with it's rubbish analogue stick and XBOX with it's rubbish d-pad.

I am also mad that they didn't put the X in the same place that the X button is on the sony pad. In fact the arrangement of the buttons on the Xbox pad is not very logical.

Hollow

I suppose I lot of it might be for legal reasons...I think Nintendo still have a patent on the d-pad, that's why you get inventive ways to avoid the '+' shape, even if those ways are purely cosmetic.

Nintendo make the best pads...snes controller for retro or gamecube controller with a better c-stick and dpad...what were they thinking there? The stick and button set up is brilliant.

I've even been using the ps4 pad on the wii gamecube mode...nintendont, it's really nice for that too.

Onken

In the run up to GTA V coming out on the PS4 I loaded up the PS3 version and played Gay Tony with the Dual Shock 4 but I'm sure the shoulder buttons wouldn't work the same way. Usually when squeezing the R2 fully down on the Dual Shock 3 that would mean it locked on to the nearest enemy when shooting. I wasn't able to get that aim assist to register and work.

Hollow

Yeah there's stuff like that...I doubt it will ever work for that as the PS3 thinks it's a generic pad I think...motion controls don't work, not that anyone has ever used them ever...you just put them on don't you? Turn them straight back off again.

Anything that needs the DS3's gimmicks probably won't work properly...so anything by Sony that's not Wipeout then.

Hollow

Didn't look like they worked on older stuff PS2, PS1 stuff, but they do if you plug them in.