Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,314
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:23:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chester Road Tour Of Love

Started by TraceyQ, October 01, 2004, 05:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TraceyQ

Yes, I know I'm very, very boring and I keep banging on about these but they *are* amazing and they have bravely set off for a self-funded UK tour  over the month of October. Please go along and see them if you are nearby, I promise you will not be disappointed.

gig dates here:

http://www.chesterroad.com/

Oooh, and, if you want a listen try http://www.overplay.com/chesterroad -Highlights are "Echoes" and "Watching Them Roll"

mayer

i propose a mini-Manchester meet on the 28th for the Roadhouse gig....

Des Nilsen

Quote from: "TraceyQ"
Oooh, and, if you want a listen try http://www.overplay.com/chesterroad -Highlights are "Echoes" and "Watching Them Roll"

I see that on the tour list there (but seemingly not on their official site page) they're playing The Shed in Leicester. Is that an older date that isn't any more or something they're still doing? Or am I being daft, having not been looking proper?

I'd like to see them.

EDIT! - Damn mine eyes! they DO list that gig on the flash page. Silly me. Carry on. Pay me no mind.

-

Dr David V

Balls, if only I had a bit more notice I would have gone on the 4th. Oh well.

imitationleather

Ooh, their site is made with the same software as www.thepaddingtons.co.uk. A link perhaps?

Quote from: "mayer"i propose a mini-Manchester meet on the 28th for the Roadhouse gig....

I might be on half term then. If I am, I'm up fer that. But even if I not I reckon I'll take a wander over to The Pleasure Unit to see them.

thepaddingtons?

I think I saw them the other night supporting The Others.

Someone told me they were called the paddingtons but I get the idea they had another name.  although the guitarist was wearing a dufflecoat and the lead singer was wearing a mangled London Underground t-shirt...
(if only the drummer was dressed as a cuddly bear to corroborate my theory)

mayer

if they sounded quite a bit like Joy Division and were from Hull, that was them.

imitationleather

TraceyQ

Just a quick bumpy-reminder that Ver 'Road are in Leicester tonight. Enemy Fire! Enemy Fire!

boki

MIght go, might not.  Might get past those 'gentlemen's' clubs on the way to the Shed.

Des Nilsen

I saw them, they were really, really good. Fantabulous. I posted properly about them in the gig review thread.

-

boki

Didn't go, got bad ears.  It was good, then?  Good.

TraceyQ

Quote from: "Des Nilsen"I saw them, they were really, really good. Fantabulous. I posted properly about them in the gig review thread.

-

Magnificent, Cheers.  See? I speak the truth about these kids.

Tell yer Ma! Tell yer Pa!

The Pleasure Unit tonight. Go on, it's worth it and so are you.

TJ

I see there's a Liverpool gig. Anyone else going? Q?

TraceyQ

I was thinking about it but I've had to cancel a week's holiday I was due to take cos of work commitments. You should go anyway.

Anyroad, this week, Coventry, Nottingham and Brum. Go on, taste some.