Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:03:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Little bit of politics..."

Started by Ciarán2, October 03, 2004, 01:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciarán2

I'm looking for tips on how to become much more politically active, I'm sick of flitting around far-right websites and tutting. I want to get involved with organisations that actually do make a difference. Actually I'd like to make a career in politics. I want to dedicate myself to the eradication of fascist organisations, especially. It's gonna be tricky being on mailnland Europe to get involved in politics at a local level.

I always wanted to be a teacher, and I've ended up teaching English as a foreign language. That's nice enough and everything, but I'm not satisfied. Ah I'm not sure I'm being clear here. There doesn't seem to be a political party I can allign myself to. Labour 20 years ago, maybe.

skibz

Why don't you start the "I don't care" party? It'd provide something for all those non-voters out there... and if you messed up, well, at least you would have been honest.

slim

I'm not sure what you mean by Labour of 20 years ago, but this might be a start:

Schnews

is a left wing publication which has info on meets, discussions and protests on the site and contact details for various political organisations. I'm not sure where in Europe you are, so if it's not (as I suspect) the UK, then they might be able to put you on to equivalents where you are residing.

If, hoiwever, I've misread the meaning of your affiliations, then do ignore everything I just said :)