Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:47:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greggs news

Started by poo, July 24, 2015, 10:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Now I live above a Greggs I must admit it is a constant temptation because whenever I feel peckish it is just there with it's extremely low prices (£2 for a bacon sandwich and coffee in the morning?!) and actually not that bad-tasting junk food. But it is just filth, and so I'm having to attempt resisting going down there several times a day. If I was single I think I probably would jack in the weekly food shop and just feed myself exclusively from what it sells, though.

Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, it's not one of the 24 hour ones you get up here. Had a massive craving for a midnight doughnut more than a couple of times lately and just had to shake my way through it unsatisfied.

TheFalconMalteser

The donuts with the one sugar goo in the middle are so good.  There is one by the Pure Gym and although I keep ignoring one day I am going to crack and just by 6 to sit and demolish in the Arndale.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 21, 2016, 02:32:14 PM
Greggs News Extra:

http://www.shortlist.com/win/win-a-year-s-supply-of-greggs-burritos

looks like it is filled with the same stuff that comes out of a medium sized lizard when you step on it

canadagoose

Greggs do burritos now? This is big.

Bazooka

Has Gregg's gone global yet? If not I am a bit surprised, the latest Archeological digs shows cheese slice fossils along the silk road.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: canadagoose on October 21, 2016, 10:13:53 PM
Greggs do burritos now? This is big.

The one down the road does katsu chicken slices now.

One of the most intensely haute bourgoisie and yet utterly scummy things rolled into one.

shiftwork2

As a man with extremely poor dental repair I know that Greggs will be there for me in my toothless dotage, comforting me and nourishing me with soft warm baked goods that I can sort of suck and chew with my gums.  Thanks Greggs!

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Bazooka on October 23, 2016, 11:02:14 PM
Has Gregg's gone global yet? If not I am a bit surprised, the latest Archeological digs shows cheese slice fossils along the silk road.

I doubt they'll want to repeat the disaster that befell...whichever pasty place it was[nb]not Devon Savouries[/nb] that tried to go global a few years back - from almost overnight British mega-success to bankruptcy and being sold for a quid when it all went tits up abroad in the space of about 5 years.

Pit-Pat

Is the Daily Post Greggs's official newspaper?

I mean it all looks delicious but that's hardly journalism.

doppelkorn

Just done some quick calculations:

Festive bake = 0.333 pence per calorie (ppc)
Sweet mince pie = 0.162 ppc
Turkey, bacon and cranberry roll = 0.75 ppc
Turkey and honey roast ham baguette = 0.543 ppc
Christmas lunch toastie = 0.592 ppc

The mince pie looks cracking good value.

selsdon man

Piemaker in Edinburgh is where it's at. Macaroni cheese pies and endless foreign tourists asking for recommendations.

canadagoose

Quote from: selsdon man on November 08, 2016, 04:05:51 PM
Piemaker in Edinburgh is where it's at. Macaroni cheese pies and endless foreign tourists asking for recommendations.
I've passed that place a few times, but never been in. I must try it.

Also have to try the Festive Bakes this time around. I think their introduction truly marks the start of the Christmas season these days.

steve98

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 24, 2015, 05:00:49 PM

If you have lots of spices, condiments and staples in, you can rustle up a tasty meal for fuck all.

Can you indeed?

Here's some ingredients:

1 bag(large) of Provencal mixed herbs and Spices

A jar of red sauce, brown sauce, mint sauce, Salad Cream sauce, Branston and mustard.

1 sack of potatoes.

Surprise me maestro.

Pie Pie Eater

Quote from: selsdon man on November 08, 2016, 04:05:51 PM

I used to work in Blackwell's down the road, so it was a convenient lunch spot. I ate probably a few too many of their pepper steak slices.

Catalogue Trousers

QuoteThey will be 45 p each, or you can buy four for £2.50

BARGAIN

canadagoose

Icehaven

Greggs signs when broken can spell EGGS, which cheers everyone up on a cold winter's night. Well not everyone, but me, and that's the main thing.

Blue Jam

Bad Greggs news:

Greggs heir convicted of being a massive nonce

Is a boycott in order? For poo's sake I hope there's a way to sort this.

Steven

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 03, 2017, 05:58:15 PM
Greggs heir convicted of being a massive nonce

It says he literally built a gym at his home and abused boys there? This guy is a pro!

Still, you would imagine a Greggs heir would take a professional interest in small buns.

monkfromhavana

Does anyone remember when Greggs used to be called Braggs?

Replies From View

Quote from: monkfromhavana on March 03, 2017, 07:24:14 PM
Does anyone remember when Greggs used to be called Braggs?

I remember when it used to be called Bongo's Erection.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 03, 2017, 05:58:15 PM
Bad Greggs news:
For poo's sake I hope there's a way to sort this.

should just have paedo-themed pastries like,

cream horns
or
uhhh

canadagoose

I propose they introduce a new range to commemorate the conviction:

Paedo Roll
Nonce Sandwich
Fiddler Bake
Statutory Rapist Cornish Pasty

Replies From View

The Felcher's Slice

Norton Canes

Greggs called their filled rolls 'Oval bites'. I am not sure why this fills me with such an acute sense of repulsion.

Norton Canes

Re. my previous post - I'm hoping Greggs rename their pasties 'Oblong chomps'. In fact I've emailed them that suggestion.