Author Topic: Greggs news  (Read 11227 times)

Gurke and Hare

• Fold water. Roll into small cubes.
Re: Greggs news
« Reply #180 on: March 14, 2017, 01:51:04 PM »
Does anyone remember when Greggs used to be called Braggs?

It used to be called different things everywhere. It was always Greggs in the north-west, but I think in Leeds or somewhere unpleasant like that it was called Thurstons. Don't know where it was called Braggs.

Shit Good Nose

• Several bags of balls
« Reply #181 on: March 14, 2017, 01:59:47 PM »
It used to be called different things everywhere. It was always Greggs in the north-west, but I think in Leeds or somewhere unpleasant like that it was called Thurstons. Don't know where it was called Braggs.

Isn't it in Leeds where there are two separate and independently trading Greggs which are right next door to each other?

...I may have already posted the same thing in this very thread at some point...

the

« Reply #183 on: July 16, 2017, 11:37:45 AM »
Actual Greggs news: They've (temporarily I'm told) stopped doing Greggsnuts in favour of some lime & coconut doughnut abomination.

I presume they must be playing the long-game for a Greggsnut relaunch, cos otherwise that's just a terrible business decision. Ousted by lime and coconut FFS.

« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2018, 08:18:12 AM »

imitationleather

• "The French... are famous... for their kissing"
    • http://last.fm/user/ImiLeathr
« Reply #185 on: June 24, 2018, 01:09:52 AM »
Not fair - lucky Birmingham! https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/greggs-now-doing-home-delivery-14768645

They do that in Newcastle. I live above a Greggs though, so it would seem a bit decadent to get it delivered. Especially since it'd be coming from a different shop.

icehaven

• I will be in the bar, with my head on the bar
« Reply #186 on: June 24, 2018, 01:48:51 AM »
Not fair - lucky Birmingham! https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/greggs-now-doing-home-delivery-14768645

I live in Birmingham and just today got a leaflet through the door from McDonalds about them now doing home delivery. There must be some kind of plot against Brummie arteries, they clearly want us dead, or at least unable to run away.

pigamus

• Sex, death, mayonnaise.
« Reply #187 on: June 24, 2018, 01:53:35 AM »
Christ. (guess where this overweight diabetic lives)

« Reply #188 on: August 09, 2019, 09:16:39 AM »

« Reply #189 on: August 09, 2019, 09:49:18 AM »
I live in Birmingham and just today got a leaflet through the door from McDonalds about them now doing home delivery. There must be some kind of plot against Brummie arteries, they clearly want us dead, or at least unable to run away.

Is it actually them delivering? I noticed one near me had a huge sign saying it was in partnership with deliveroo or justeat.

I imagine it'll be soggy shite by the time it's arrived, and about the price of a proper takeaway.

icehaven

• I will be in the bar, with my head on the bar
« Reply #190 on: August 09, 2019, 10:44:51 AM »
Is it actually them delivering? I noticed one near me had a huge sign saying it was in partnership with deliveroo or justeat.

I imagine it'll be soggy shite by the time it's arrived, and about the price of a proper takeaway.

Yep I think it's a delivery company rather than them direct, dunno which one though. Like an increasing number of places delivery orders are given priority, so you can be waiting 20 minutes for your apple pie while all these codes skip past your number on the screen, and a lot of the delivery orders seem to be vast (I suppose to make it worth the bother? Or am I being too charitable.)
Yeah it's going to be stone cold unless wherever it's going is less than 5 minutes away. Cold fries, nice.

Captain Crunch

• Twister, Dustbuster, Hospital Bed
« Reply #191 on: August 10, 2019, 09:56:57 PM »
Greggs Game Show

They love it up there don't they? 

Cuellar

• Push off my wire
« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2019, 10:27:55 PM »
I went into a Greggs today, had a look at what was on offer, then just walked out. Not interested.

shiftwork2

• pies this is your time
« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2019, 10:47:55 PM »
I went into a Greggs today, had a look at what was on offer, then just walked out. Not interested.

I'm with you so long as I have teeth.  Once I lose them, the soft foods of Greggs will keep me alive.

« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2019, 10:54:46 PM »

Went into KFC today, looked at the staff that would be preparing the food then just walked out.

imitationleather

• "The French... are famous... for their kissing"
    • http://last.fm/user/ImiLeathr
« Reply #195 on: August 11, 2019, 03:11:16 AM »
I find the staff in London Greggs very below-par. They just do not appreciate what a cultural icon it is and how they are lucky to be employed like they do in the ones in Newcastle. You go in to a London Greggs and you come out feeling like it's all been a terrible mistake, like you just did an obviously trafficked prostitute or something.

My advice for all you London lads (I know we have a few): Avoid Greggs unless you are in Newcastle or you like nailing women who are part of a network of terror we can scarcely imagine. Safe.

PlanktonSideburns

• be outta here in a jiffy

Replies From View

• Rubbing linseed oil into the school cormorant.
  • Golden Member
  • Gargoyles have milk bags.
« Reply #197 on: August 11, 2019, 10:49:01 AM »

Nah mate you looked at the cake display and said out loud “oooh ‘yum yums’ is a very good name for a pastry” and you ordered yourself all of the remaining stock of yum yums just to try out the taste of them for the first time.

« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2019, 09:31:02 AM »
Can one of you kind fellows ship a cheese slice over to Beijing for me? I'm starving and will pay handsomely.