Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:39:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greggs news

Started by poo, July 24, 2015, 10:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Eggs

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Bacon £1
Sausage £1
Bacon with cheese £1
Sausage with cheese £1

Giving cheese away

They're fucking giving it away mad bastards

Mijkediablo

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 25, 2015, 10:54:58 PM
What happened to Hinckley before Hinckley 2012 came along?

Pronounced "Inkleh twenneh twewf", fact fans.

MuteBanana

Quote from: purlieu on July 25, 2015, 10:46:18 PM
Not often my hometown gets a mention 'round these parts.

I had a great time in Hinckley 10 years ago. Is The Union still open? Just looked on Google and it seems the Italian opposite is changed. Dog and Gun still there, nice.

purlieu

Stop it, nobody has a nice time in Hinckley.

MuteBanana

It was an escape for me. I found the slow pace of life annoying compared to London but after a couple of days I'd got used to it.

BlodwynPig

Is there a club called Le Rectum in Hinckley?

MuteBanana

Don't be talkin bout my Hinckley now.

Mijkediablo

Quote from: purlieu on July 26, 2015, 08:48:12 PM
Stop it, nobody has a nice time in Hinckley.

People from Lutterworth do.

Paul Calf

Dunno about hHinckley, but I had a brilliant time in Studley around about 1993. It was winter and I was hitch hiking from London to York and I got stuck in Studley as night fell. Dejected and miles from the motorway, I bought a bag of chips and sat on a bench eating them. A three-wheeled vehicle with the words "STUDLEY RAVE POSSE" written in green on the side pulled up and asked me if I fancied being kidnapped. What followed was one of the best nights of my life at a soundsystem rave in the woods near a reservoir. And I got a lift as far as Blyth the next day.

What size posse can you get in a three-wheeler?

Paul Calf

I think it was a pool car.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 27, 2015, 01:02:32 AM
Dunno about hHinckley, but I had a brilliant time in Studley around about 1993. It was winter and I was hitch hiking from London to York and I got stuck in Studley as night fell. Dejected and miles from the motorway, I bought a bag of chips and sat on a bench eating them. A three-wheeled vehicle with the words "STUDLEY RAVE POSSE" written in green on the side pulled up and asked me if I fancied being kidnapped. What followed was one of the best nights of my life at a soundsystem rave in the woods near a reservoir. And I got a lift as far as Blyth the next day.

Did you ever make it back out of Blyth? And why did you bypass York?

Paul Calf

purlieu

Quote from: Mijkediablo on July 26, 2015, 10:36:46 PM
People from Lutterworth do.
I'm not convinced people from Lutterworth know what a nice time is.

poo

Another excellent lunch supplied by Greggs. Standard cheese and onion pasty starter and tried one of their new products - falafel flatbread - for mains. Superb addition to the product line.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Amazing callback by the tagger to Yates pisshead cunts - a meme I'd long forgotten about.  A precursor to Legend Gary really.

BlodwynPig

Had my first Greggs yesterday in over 2 decades at Leeds coach station. A small latte and they gave me a custard tart for 20pence. She didn't complain.

The coffee was nice, the tart not so much.

What I liked was the speed of service. I had previously been waiting at Pumpkin to get a coffee but the queue was full of dithering old bats and the lady serving was useless.

So top marks to the Greggs man for pouring me a coffee in double quick time.

doppelkorn

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 30, 2016, 10:56:59 AM
Had my first Greggs yesterday in over 2 decades at Leeds coach station.

National Express really need to sort their timetabling out.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: doppelkorn on June 30, 2016, 10:58:28 AM
National Express really need to sort their timetabling out.

It was a hell of a trip down, but the return leg was dull. I recommend anyone wanting to see the extreme side of Britain travel Newcastle-London-London-Bath, not Bath-Birmingham-Newcastle. Although there was a polish immigrant covered on tattoos on the latter who was pissing the drivers off by nipping out for a fag at each stop and delaying the coach. Could have boiled over.

thenoise

Quote from: poo on June 29, 2016, 01:21:16 PM
Another excellent lunch supplied by Greggs. Standard cheese and onion pasty starter and tried one of their new products - falafel flatbread - for mains. Superb addition to the product line.

Are you vegetarian?

yesitsme

There used to be a room near Burnden Park that used to sell FOUR pies for a pound!  On match days the queue was out of the door, you could eat one on the way down to the ground, one while you were in, one at half-time and launch the remainder at David Lee (when he played for Bury he got a full meat and potato right on the back of his head).

I used to like Greggs, I think it was their Mexican chargilled chicken I liked but they started getting really stingy with their fillings.  Buy a sangwich from there now and all the goo is pushed right the front making it look good but when you tuck in it's all bread.  Strategically constructed sarneis can fuck right off.

I find high-street chain restaurants really depressing.  Travel the world, look for new things to do, see new things - oh great!  There's a McDonald's!  Let's go there!  See also Zara.

poo

Coffee and a gingerbread man for brekkie this morning. Coffee's really good, as you would expect.

canadagoose

I'm in a a Greggs right now, with a tuna sub roll and a Lucozade Zero. It used to be a Santander. Greggs is much better.

im barry bethel

In my neck of the woods a sausage roll is known as a Greggs dummy, not that I'd ever shop in Greggs when just up the high street there's a perfectly good local butchers that happens to sell slices of pork pie with egg through the middle

poo

Anyone had their soup?

poo

Quote from: canadagoose on July 04, 2016, 12:52:57 PM
I'm in a a Greggs right now, with a tuna sub roll and a Lucozade Zero. It used to be a Santander. Greggs is much better.

mate, the tuna crunch baguette is much better then the tuna sub. Nice update though, cheers.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: poo on July 04, 2016, 10:24:23 AM
Coffee and a gingerbread man for brekkie this morning. Coffee's really good, as you would expect.

No-one seems to do good gingerbread anymore.

Supermarket stuff is baked so fucking rock solid it's virtually masonry. Bakers stuff is generally pissweak on the ginger front and overly bready.

Lack of effective gingerbread makes life close to intolerable.

The standard of the sausage roll has slipped so far that people consider stuff like Walls and Greggs normal. Gingerbread is heading the same way. Is this wartime or fucking what?

canadagoose

Quote from: poo on July 04, 2016, 02:13:11 PM
mate, the tuna crunch baguette is much better then the tuna sub. Nice update though, cheers.
You may well be right. I'll report back when I've had a tuna crunch baguette.