Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,471
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:15:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Popular topics from the old board

Started by Neil, February 02, 2004, 09:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Why not let the people who thought of them originally start them up again?  Seems a bit fairer to me, and it means that we can sort of return to how things were.  I'm talking about topics like Links To Cool Things and Song Du Jour etc.

butnut

Bilko

Who's gonna start the 'Having a Wank at  Work'  thread

terminallyrelaxed

Timmay

Well fine, fuck you then Neil you nazi bastard. Christ, you try to help people out, get things moving around here, and shit gets fucking closed down!

(joke)

Jus' trying to help.

Neil

Quote from: "Timmay"Well fine, fuck you then Neil you nazi bastard. Christ, you try to help people out, get things moving around here, and shit gets fucking closed down!

(joke)

Jus' trying to help.

Fuck off, cunt.

(joke)

Just wanted to be the first to say it to you on this board.

Pinball

Timmay

Hmm... you could've been more convincing with the (joke) there. I detected serious undertones, fascist pig.

Neil

Oh, go and eat some cow-pie, you cunt.

terminallyrelaxed

I don't know about anyone else, but I was never sold on the meat pies. Those fucking great big Steer horns coming out the top just fed my overactive imagination....

Timmay

Well, you can take the sessions table out of a forum, but you can't take the spirit out of CaB!

Tokyo Sexwhale

Can I presume that all of the old posts are lost for ever and ever?

Amen.

Alberon

I think the plan is that the remains of the old board will remain a read only archive, but a lot of it is gone for good.

weekender

I don't know what number in line I am now, but Timoethei smug chiselled bastard is certainly a cunt.

You should have called yourself Timoethei, actually, you square-jawed freak.

Timmay

Number 2, weekender. You are a number 2.

weekender

Do you realise that my initial attempt at a joke involved some sort of shit wisecrack about your shallowness, and was also a reference to a hair product?

Christ, 9 cans of cider down the line and I'm still better than you.

Timmay

Oh, Timotei. I get it. Yeah, not heard that one before.

Where was the wisecrack about my shallowness exactly?

weekender

Quote from: "Timmay"Where was the wisecrack about my shallowness exactly?

Look, just fuck off.

blue jammer

Tits, sorry Neil, I started the Recommends thread in SE, thinking it'd spark off people's memories a bit, and they'd go "ahh must post this, and that," etc.

Also, wasn't sure how long it'd be before the people who posted them first time round, signed up/re-posted them.

I was going to start the 'Foreign films' thread too, but I'll leave that, think it was splat that did that anyhow, I'll go and dig him in the ribs...

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Alberon"I think the plan is that the remains of the old board will remain a read only archive, but a lot of it is gone for good.
Not in theory.  We think that all the posts are still there in the database, but without any users to link them to (since ~3000 out of ~5000 user accounts were lost) phpBB refuses to display them.

There's two ways round this, if and when Neil gets the time and/or wants to, which is (a) run some script to make 3000 fake accounts, or (b) hack that copy of the phpBB code such that it will display the orphaned posts regardless.  (He knows this, we discussed it in the shelter a few days ago, just letting you and anybody else who's curious know.)

In the meantime it was more important to get the board up and running again (since in its modern incarnation the whole board relies on phpBB as a base, not just the forums), and so the corrupted version was put to one side and the forums restarted from scratch.

Capuchin

Can someone start the hateful ads thread again then?
As the Specsavers/Trisha type ad is deeply repellent.

TJ

Did anyone save the questions from "an alternative to all those hello, I'm new threads"?

Neil

If not, I can probably dig them out from the database!  In fact, your posts should show up fine so if you check the read-only board at chilled.cream.org/vw/ you shuold get them. Hmm on second thoughts I didn't bother building a search index so that probably won't work.  I should do that, really.

Silver SurferGhost

I dunno, it's a tricky one this, it's often not so much whole topics that I miss,
just the little individual nuggets/rants/abuse etc that often grew out of them.

That said, I really enjoyed the interesting and informative Ghost Underground Stations thread, for one.

Back to being nice old sensible SurferGhost it is, then.

EDIT: Fafucksakes, I thought you were asking us what old topics we missed...
And yes, I know I can trawl through the archive for it,
but I had that bugger in my favourites Goddammit

Quote from: "Silver SurferGhost"That said, I really enjoyed the interesting and informative Ghost Underground Stations thread, for one.

That's a good call.  I had loads of fun reading about all that stuff, especially the web page that had the story of a false house built so a street didn't look untidy.  I can't remember the url for the life of me.  Does anybody know it (I'm sorry if the description is a bit poor)?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "aaaaaaaaaargh!"That's a good call.  I had loads of fun reading about all that stuff, especially the web page that had the story of a false house built so a street didn't look untidy.  I can't remember the url for the life of me.  Does anybody know it (I'm sorry if the description is a bit poor)?
http://www.secrethour.com/leinster.html

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"
Quote from: "aaaaaaaaaargh!"That's a good call.  I had loads of fun reading about all that stuff, especially the web page that had the story of a false house built so a street didn't look untidy.  I can't remember the url for the life of me.  Does anybody know it (I'm sorry if the description is a bit poor)?
http://www.secrethour.com/leinster.html

I love you!  Thank you so much for that.  Have now bookmarked it to prevent it going astray