Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:35:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

My neighbour sets my car alarm off deliberately

Started by Pinball, February 14, 2004, 02:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

After getting home, sometimes my car alarm goes off for no apparent reason and I have to unlock/lock it again. This morning my better half locks car, comes in house, then alarm goes off. She runs outside, and sees neighbour with a remote control-type device standing on other side of road facing our car. His car was nowhere nearby.

So it looks like he's deliberately setting off the car alarm. How easily can this be done??? I know that programmable remotes have been used by car thieves to "record" the unlocking signal. Has my neighbour done this too? How easily can my car key be reprogrammed so he doesn't steal the fucking car?

Rubbish Monkey

Don't know how this applies these days, but my car old car alarm (old it was) had a small screw inside that enabled you to change the frequency. So you could effectivly match it to another car alarm i guess. No doubt theres some kind of pranksters toy available to do this too.

edit> heres a link explaining how car alarms work

QuoteThis system is fairly effective, but not foolproof. If a determined criminal really wants to break into your car, he or she can use a code-grabber to make a copy of your "key." A code grabber is a radio receiver that is sensitive to your transmitter's signal. It receives the code and records it. If the thief intercepts your "disarm code," he or she can program another transmitter to exactly mimic your unique signal. With this copied key, the thief can completely bypass the alarm system the next time you leave your car unattended

umm just realised that he would be turning the alarm off and not setting off.

Pinball

Quote from: "Rubbish Monkey"umm just realised that he would be turning the alarm off and not setting off.
This is what confuses me. He's activating the alarm, and I don't know how!

Rubbish Monkey

on that link it does have this.......

The keychain transmitter from the Sidewinder security system: The transmitter lets you lock the doors, arm and disarm the alarm and set off the siren from outside the car.

sproggy

Doooop... Get back yer bastad, or I'll break yer legs    Dooop

In the literal sense.

Pinny  it doesn't happen to be a Ford does it?

Incredible Monkey Doctor

Quote from: "Pinball"After getting home, sometimes my car alarm goes off for no apparent reason and I have to unlock/lock it again. This morning my better half locks car, comes in house, then alarm goes off. She runs outside, and sees neighbour with a remote control-type device standing on other side of road facing our car. His car was nowhere nearby.

So it looks like he's deliberately setting off the car alarm. How easily can this be done??? I know that programmable remotes have been used by car thieves to "record" the unlocking signal. Has my neighbour done this too? How easily can my car key be reprogrammed so he doesn't steal the fucking car?

It's Majestic 12 doing it from space with one of the global network of satellites set up in conjunction with the Illuminati and the American Military/Industrial complex. They are doing it to distract you from THE TRUTH which you have been found to be seeking by looking at the Propaganda Matrix.

(really, this one does need a winking smiley)

Edit to add: You let your bird near your car? Good grief man, you're just asking for trouble!