Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,207
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:01:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Eminem and the US charts

Started by mayer, October 04, 2004, 08:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayer

Quote from: "NME dot com"EMINEM – CHART SUPERSTAR!

EMINEM has scored his highest ever US chart hit with new single 'JUST LOSE IT'.

The song went in at Number 17, making it the fourth highest new entry of 2004.

The single is taken from the rapper's forthcoming album 'Encore', which is due for release on November 15.

Eminem's previous highest US chart hits were 'Lose Yourself' at 43 and 'Without Me' at 44, two years ago.

Longtime collaborator Dr Dre and 50 Cent both appear on Eminem's new album.

that doesn't seem right at all! i'd assumed that every single of his from My Name Is onwards had gone top 10 Stateside....

and 17... the fourth highest entry of 2004? i didn't realise the gaping differences in the UK and US chart.

RHX

The single isn't released for another month on CD, the American charts are based on airplay. People were apparently taking down switchboard requesting it in the 2 weeks before release, so it has been getting a lot of play over there.

Shame it's not as good as people were expecting. I hope his album is much much better, I've been a long-time fan since I first heard the Slim Shady EP back in 1998. I don't like the pop singles he puts out, but it seems to have helped his career, so what the hell.

MrManson

I posted the link to the song in this thread.