Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:11:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PWEI

Started by Captain Crunch, October 05, 2004, 01:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Crunch

From the website:

Hi Everyone
It's time to put an end to all the speculation and announce that Pop Will Eat Itself are reforming to play a couple of dates in January 2005.
The dates are :
Sat 22 UK, Birmingham, Academy
Sun 23 UK, Birmingham, Academy
Mon 24 UK, London, Shepherds Bush Empire
Tickets will be available exclusively through the PWEInation site from October 8th, they will then be available from October 12th through normal channels.
It's been interesting following all the speculation for the last few weeks !
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their continuing interest in all things PWEI, and look forward to seeing you at the shows.
We are interested in your opinion about set-lists etc., and we have a wide range of material under consideration for the live shows - let us know your thoughts.
We're really looking forward to this!
Thanks again
Richard March, Clint Mansell, Graham Crabb, Adam Mole, Fuzz Townshend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to the site here - http://www.pweination.org/

So, what with this and Ned's Atomic Dustbin doing the rounds in December it might just be time to dust off those hodded tops and Candy Flip CD's!

Quote from: "Captain Crunch"Pop Will Eat Itself are reforming to play a couple of dates in January 2005. [...] and Ned's Atomic Dustbin doing the rounds in December it might just be time to dust off those hodded tops and Candy Flip CD's!

Is it me or has it suddenly gone cold in here.  And I can hear a voice screaming the word, "no" over and over again in a chilling dispair.  Ah, it's my own.

TraceyQ

*smashes head on monitor*

Infinitely less painful than watching that bunch of fucking greebos on stage.

*drags out the old chestnut, dusts it off*

Clint asked me for a blowjob once when I was at JB's Dudley. Rat from Neds atomic dustbin was there. I told him to "Fuck Off". I was 15.

Captain Crunch

Have I fallen about ten yards short of the post with this one?    Apologies.  Oh and JB's?  Do they put something in the water there or what?

TraceyQ

Quote from: "Captain Crunch"Oh and JB's?  Do they put something in the water there or what?

Yeah. Fuckin' Red Stripe.

You've always had a frosty relationship with Rats.

I had the misfortune to see PWEI live at the now defunct Heineken Festival in Leeds.  I had to get surprisingly close to the stage in order to reach the beer tent.  That moment still sticks in my head as a moment of clarity.  That clarity was "this is awful".  I was right.

I also completely failed to pull the lass I was trying to score with.  I think she was called Katie.  I blame PWEI for that too, even though it has nothing to do with them.  Cunts.

fanny splendid

Hello bouncy, happy girls in little red PWEI t-shirts. Why not accompany me to a night club later on, then invite me to spend the night in a college dormitory?

Yes, awful music.

p.s. sorry PLC

;-)

Quote from: "fanny splendid"Hello bouncy, happy girls in little red PWEI t-shirts. Why not accompany me to a night club later on, then invite me to spend the night in a college dormitory?

I'm coming around to them now.

College dormitories?  You going for the older woman these days, fanny?

Captain Crunch

By way of an apology (and in case it hasn't been posted already)..

Finally Graham Coxon will be on Berwick St on the 27th of October. He and maybe members of his band will be playing live in the shop at a time that hasn't been finalised just yet. There will be a ticket system for entry which we will let you know about as soon as we can. There's a little while yet so no need to worry, we'll let you know in good time so you can get a ticket. It should be a real event getting to see the man in such an intimate environment, so keep checking back to make sure you get your ticket.

dan p

PWEI were great. I'll be there reliving my student days.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Partridge's Love Child"College dormitories?  You going for the older woman these days, fanny?

I live between a school, and a mother and baby centre. You can get too much of a good thing, you know?

slim

Damnit, I knew I'd succumb and look in Stereo Excursions sooner or later, despite my best efforts.

Why the negative attitude towards PWEI reforming? Is it them? Or the reforming? I used to like some of their stuff when I was younger and think (Touched by the hand of) Cicciolina has to be one of the best football songs released. Not that there's much in the way of competition, I suppose.

I might dig a CD or two of theirs out to see if 10 odd years has made them sound worse.

Pilf

The poppies were fucking great. They won't be now, but they were then. Box Frenzy is an all time classic, stupid, grebo rap album. GLC lovers should take note.

Sample it, loop it.

TraceyQ

If you think I'm gonna fuck it and eat it you've got another thing coming, mate.