Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:34:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Last thing that made you cry with laughter

Started by Sam, August 15, 2015, 06:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twit 2

Cerys

I'd been mildly amused by this vid when our daughter insisted I watch it - but when this bit happened I turned into a howling, hypreventilating mess.  Tears streaming down my cheeks.  Sudden understanding of how it's possible for people to laugh themselves to death.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Norton Canes

Actually think this is funnier, despite being less obviously absurd

Never Gonna Give You Up, but...

Keebleman

Quote from: Norton Canes on November 21, 2019, 04:21:15 PM
Actually think this is funnier, despite being less obviously absurd

Never Gonna Give You Up, but...

It sounds like Phil Oakey doing a cover.

QDRPHNC

imitationleather

Ah man. Amazing.

The stories those trousers could tell.

Pseudopath

I'd like to think whoever posted the link to MBMBaM's Celebrity LASIK Voicemails clip earlier in this thread as YouTube has just recommended me this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtKCrcK921U

DrGreggles

Bad Ambassador

Listening to Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast, and laughing at Peter Bogdanovich's impression of Cary Grant:

"Stop telling people you're in loooooooove!"

weekender

There are times that apetor just makes me smile for a couple of minutes, before I then move on to the rest of my day.  Honestly, one of his videos generally raises at least a smile and I can't explain why.

This one, however, is the most I've laughed in ages.  There are so many little touches that make it absolute genius, but I don't want to mention them for fear of spoiling it.

So, without further ado, I present to you:

Making a Tartar Sandwich.

I like to think that apetor is mook, I find that idea strangely comforting.

Custard

I know it was a line probably written for him, but Howard Stern calling Dominic Barbara "Al Pa-cheesecake" around 1hr20m in this video gave me my biggest laff in a fair while

https://youtu.be/QnVyWC-UdcQ

weekender

Over the years, I have been described as "a simple man", "OCD personified" and "a bloaty faced albino".

Despite this praise, I still think of myself as remaining resolutely grounded and I still manage to go to work, after which I come home and try and forget about work.

One of the things I appreciate most in some videos is the time and effort that go into making them.  I've done some basic video editing in my time (by creating replica DVDs of the Doctor Who missing episodes using Nero etc) and I genuinely realise that they can take a lot of time, even if you have the original vision prepared.

With these thoughts in mind, I would like to present to you:

Pachelbel's Canon in D done by trains

bgmnts

I have had a dry cough for weeks and I must say 1:01 had me almost retching.

Class stuff.

weekender

It's a beautiful moment that I am pleased to have shared with you.

Custard

Tom Scharpling cracking up at an A.P. Mike drunken lookalike

https://youtu.be/h4JmerMAeGU

DrGreggles

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on December 21, 2019, 04:48:56 PM
Happy Christmas: https://twitter.com/jackdwagner/status/1208174810066350080

That film (Last Ounce of Courage) has a single trivia entry on IMDB:

"In 2012, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee took part in a telemarketing campaign that involved making over four million robocalls to promote the film. This was considered to be a violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, as it was in the guise of a political survey, and a class-action lawsuit was later filed. Originally, it was ultimately dismissed in 2014, but in 2015, that decision was overturned by the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the lawsuit was able to proceed. In 2017, U.S. District Court Judge E. Richard Webber ordered AIC Communications, the company involved with the campaign on behalf of Veritas Entertainment, to pay the sum of $32,424,930 in damages."

That's 11 times what the film grossed.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 21, 2019, 05:21:32 PM
That film (Last Ounce of Courage) has a single trivia entry on IMDB:

"In 2012, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee took part in a telemarketing campaign that involved making over four million robocalls to promote the film. This was considered to be a violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, as it was in the guise of a political survey, and a class-action lawsuit was later filed. Originally, it was ultimately dismissed in 2014, but in 2015, that decision was overturned by the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the lawsuit was able to proceed. In 2017, U.S. District Court Judge E. Richard Webber ordered AIC Communications, the company involved with the campaign on behalf of Veritas Entertainment, to pay the sum of $32,424,930 in damages."

That's 11 times what the film grossed.

Huckabee's involvement is not mentioned on the film's page nor his.

DrGreggles

This headline, bonkers as it is, MASSIVELY undersells the gold that lies within!

the

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 29, 2019, 03:28:11 PMThis headline, bonkers as it is, MASSIVELY undersells the gold that lies within!

Bear in mind it's made-up. (The giveaway is that newspaper articles don't run long unbroken quotes like that.)