Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:09:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Last thing that made you cry with laughter

Started by Sam, August 15, 2015, 06:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

bgmnts

Baby alligator was a proper curveball and a real cherry on top!

Stoneage Dinosaurs

This post and all the replies below it, about LSD and Ambien subreddits where people post their own drug-fuelled hallucinations in succinct reddit style:
https://mobile.twitter.com/talltaiI/status/1216583898941022209?s=09

bgmnts

Quite a wide range of reactions there but I need the context!

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: bgmnts on January 26, 2020, 05:36:01 PM
Quite a wide range of reactions there but I need the context!

The romance of the setting is all the context it needs.

Spiner's clear disgust is my favourite.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I've heard Spiner is a dose IRL which is a shame because Data was always my favourite one of the Star Treks.

Fambo Number Mive

Is that Stewart with his hand on his boatrace? And are the others fans or have I missed any other actors aside from Spiner and LeVar Burton?

Pseudopath

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 29, 2020, 08:45:47 AM
Is that Stewart with his hand on his boatrace? And are the others fans or have I missed any other actors aside from Spiner and LeVar Burton?

Jonathan Frakes (top-left), Marina Sirtis (top-right) and Will Wheaton (front row, second-right)? I assume the redhead obscured by the proposing man is Gates McFadden, but not sure who the other black dude is.

EDIT: Oh yeah...it's Michael Dorn (who played Worf).

Chriddof

Patrick Stewart is acting out his own meme!

Dewt

Do you think it ever occurred to Patrick Stewart to turn up to some Shakespeare or something dressed in a Man Utd kit and say "I'm Hattrick Stewart!". Probably not and that's why fuck him.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Pseudopath on January 29, 2020, 10:30:05 AM
Jonathan Frakes (top-left), Marina Sirtis (top-right) and Will Wheaton (front row, second-right)? I assume the redhead obscured by the proposing man is Gates McFadden, but not sure who the other black dude is.

EDIT: Oh yeah...it's Michael Dorn (who played Worf).

So the two ring-people are the only non Star Trek actors? I did wonder if he was asking one of the Star Trek actors to marry him which would be even more cringeworthy.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 30, 2020, 10:27:39 AM
So the two ring-people are the only non Star Trek actors? I did wonder if he was asking one of the Star Trek actors to marry him which would be even more cringeworthy.

Yeah...I assume it was one of those Meet & Greet things where you pay a ludicrous amount of money to shake some celebrities' hands and get your photo taken. I think I read that Marina Sirtis met the couple earlier on in the day and, when she found out how long they'd been a couple, she had a go at him for not popping the question. Hence some Redditors hilarious comment that if a Star Trek character tells you to "Engage", you have no other option but to "Make It So".

Fucking kill me now.

Do ya like hot fudge sundaes? Have ya tried the lasagna?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw-axqRpQo8&feature=emb_logo

Dewt

Glebe

Didn't actually cry with laughter, but anyway... I've been watching through select episodes Tales of the Unexpected again on YouTube, etc., the episode 'Mr. Botibol's First Love' stars Jack Weston as the titular character; Weston also starred in earlier TotU episode 'A Dip in the Pool'... anyway, the first YouTube comment under the video, "Good to see he survived jumping off that cruise ship," really cracked me up (follow up reply, "He was a better swimmer than we thought!" only added to the amusement). Looking it up online his character is also called Mr. Botibol in that, which I forgot about, having skipped watching 'A Dip in the Pool' again. Anyway, I laughed.

Chriddof

Why was that person already filming at that point? She can't have been recording people ordering lunch. I would have expected a clip like that to have started after the initial arrival of the police, and start in medias res during the argument that followed. Hm.

Also, this didn't make me cry laughing exactly, but in that Twitter thread there's someone called "David (The Gay Republican)" who links to an article or some shit about "how this woman went from being a Hilary stan to a YUGE Trump supporter!", as if it's still 2016. Anyway, right underneath it is a reply from someone else who just says "Not now, David." That really amused me - it felt a bit like a character in an old 80s sitcom being silenced by a irritable matriarch, perhaps played by Joan Sanderson.

Cuellar

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

QDRPHNC

It's the space between ring and piece that gets me.