Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:43:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Converting MPEG TO MP3

Started by FraggleShock, October 06, 2004, 02:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FraggleShock

Hello,
Does anyone know how to convert MPEG (Real Player) files to Mp3?
Would be useful if you do, if you'd then tell me how

Thanx

gazzyk1ns

MPEG files and "Real Player" files are different, do you just mean that you use Real Player to play them and so they have that icon/association?

MP3 files are MPEG, but they're specifically MPEG-1 Layer-3... there are quite a few different types of MPEG file these days so the process of getting an MP3 out of it will differ depending on what ype your files are...  you'll have to provide more details and then hopefully someone will be able to advise.

Go here or here to download the utilities and see what information they give you about the file. If you're lucky the audio will already be in MP3 format, although to be honest I'm not sure which software is best for separating it from the video - someone else will be able to tell you.

Slate this guy immediately for not reading the "How to do this" thread at the top of the page!!!!

(I'm joking really - I've just worked out how to spell immediately and am dead chuffed with myself).

Duffy

If you are talking about MPEGs, then I've used a Winamp plugin to do that in the past. Just do a plugin search on Winamp's site.

Rats

FraggleShock

THANK YOU ALL...
Most welcome infomation and you've all proven you are not heathens who hog infomation

Jaffa The Cake

Yep, Goldwave is the Paint Shop Pro of the audio world. It's cheap, and does some things better than the pro software (Soundforge in this case).