Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:23:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

GamerGate is one!

Started by madhair60, August 26, 2015, 02:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on June 16, 2016, 07:48:42 AM
Massive and potentially damaging? From little old me?

The point is that it's a grand claim that requires grand evidence. And yes, the cumulative effect of thousands of internet people shouting this grand claim is damaging to Anita. (You don't care because you don't like her - but if your claim is untrue, then it's not fair on her.)

QuoteYou asked what I thought.

Hang on a minute!

You claimed that Anita is faking it all, including - I think? - her political positions, for money. I asked: "Really?" You responded: "Don't care." So, like... if you don't care, why make your grand claim?

edit: I'm basically saying you should take responsibility for making a big, nasty claim about someone with little evidence. To me it seems callous to say something like that then shrug and say "don't give a shit".

That's called Occhams razor.

That's my point, though. That Anita is faking her criticisms of games is not the simplest explanation.

phantom_power

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving. If by giving you mean kicking you in the tits  (man tits as well as lady tits)

madhair60

For making this thread I deserve to die

popcorn

brat-sampson

It's like a Simpsons Tyre Fire, but in real life, but in thread form.

Consignia

In fairness, it's just like those politics threads, which are just as fierce but a small number of contributors. Just different people. Or socks or whatever. Easily ignorable.

No one should die for this thread. At most have a pinky finger cut off and fed to rats.

QDRPHNC

Here's what I don't get, right? Some of you are saying why can't we have big asses and boobs in games, they're just games and who cares.

But isn't that the point? How can you raise men to not see women as only boobs and asses if they grow up immersed in all forms of media which predominantly only present women as boobs and asses?

Maybe in some games, like in some movies, it's called for. Mostly not. Mostly games are created by manboys for manboys. I mean fucking hell, even in a reasonably mature game like The Division, there's a strong female character whose dialogue is clearly written by a manboy who has no idea what a strong female might sound like, outside of his own head.

Anyway, video games need to grow up, and the audience needs to grow up. One of the first steps would be not throwing a massive tantrum when someone says something you don't like.

In fact, maybe they should just make all male characters as scantily clad as possible, with grotesquely huge throbbing cocks beneath their tiny little speedos, PURE ALPHA SHIT, posing in all sorts of revealing ways, exposing their taints when they jump, spreading their legs suggestively when they fire A HUGE GUN. Just imagine the collective spazzing out as all the basement dwellers wrestle with the simultaneous feelings of emasculation and gay.

wooders1978

Everyone likes seeing a fit bird tho

Big Jack McBastard