Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:31:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Steve Oram's "Aaaaaaaah!"

Started by zomgmouse, August 27, 2015, 12:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4501706/

Steve Oram has gone and directed a horror-thriller thing called Aaaaaaaah!. I was debating whether to put this here on in the Comedy subforum because look at the cast: Julian Rhind-Tutt, Noel Fielding, Alice Lowe, Julian Barratt, Tony Way and Oram himself. Comes in at a palatable 79 minutes. Sight & Sound offer this as the synopsis:

Quote from: Sight & SoundOram plays Smith, a stranger who emerges from the woods with his subservient companion Keith (Tom Meeten) in tow, and disrupts the already fragile dynamics of a family living on the city's edge.

Looks really cool! Wonder when it'll be properly out. Also weird that I heard about this today given I was only thinking about calling a film Aaaaaaaah! only yesterday. But there you go.

Serge

Trailer here (mildly NSFW): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pfIJ6GW3kU

I've been looking forward to this ever since someone posted that in another thread - looks suitably bonkers.

SteveDave

This is being shown at Picturehouse Central on Friday with a Q & A from Steve Oram, Julian Barratt & other cast members. It's £18 so I'm not going.

DukeDeMondo

I dunno about this. Friend of mine saw it at Frightfest and said it was unbelievably patronising and full of itself. Tiresome "consumer sheeple idiots!" rubbish from a bunch of pretentious tossers. That was her take on the whole shebang.

If that is indeed what we're dealin with, then I don't know that I could stomach it. I'll wait till I hear from a few more sources before decidin whether I want to give them any money or not.

boki

Just got back from seeing this, kinda felt like an overlong short. A few funny moments. Don't watch it if you're squeamish about bodily functions.