Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,473
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:25:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mid Morning Matters Series 2 on the way.

Started by holyzombiejesus, August 28, 2015, 06:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangthebuggers

Does anyone know the running time of the new episodes? Are they going to be kept short like last time? Or slightly extended?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Paul Calf on February 08, 2016, 03:01:48 PM
Maybe non-interference was Coogan's price, more so than money? Either way, the Murdoch Machine got what it wanted.

I'm sure we can do better than conjecture, either way.

Quote from: Hangthebuggers on February 08, 2016, 03:14:22 PM
Does anyone know the running time of the new episodes? Are they going to be kept short like last time? Or slightly extended?

6x 30mins according to the Baby Cow website.

Utter Shit

Presumably that's 30 minute slots, so the episodes without adverts will be 22-24 mins each.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Paul Calf on February 08, 2016, 12:07:56 PM
Fair enough, but I wonder whether Sky made an exception in this case. After all, Julia Davies hasn't recently been airing legitimate grievances about the conduct of Sky companies in a very public manner, right? Sky have the money to pay when they really want to. And Coogan clammed up quite suddenly about his privacy being violated.

It's not the same company mate. And nobodies ever suggested people working for sky have ever phone hacked anyone, as far as I know.

I believe so much talent goes to sky because they get given more money to make what they want with less interferenace

DrunkCountry

Glebe

Quote from: Blinder Data on February 12, 2016, 04:57:42 PMNew clip:

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/video/2016/feb/12/alan-partridge-mid-morning-matters-clip-video

Quote"Shane Mac-Gowan of The Poogues."

"If I was a dog right now, I'd be chewin' a slipper."

"If you put fennel in there, we're gonna fall out."

olliebean

The entire series is already available on Now TV. So you could buy a month's pass for £6.99, or you could look here for a voucher code to get a month's free access.

Danger Man

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 08, 2016, 06:42:22 PM
I believe so much talent goes to sky because they get given more money to make what they want with less interferenace

Utter Shit

I'm so excited you cunts. All the promotional stuff for it has been great. That Noel Edmonds caller did me in.

Calistan

Wow. That first episode (two episodes in one essentially) was just glorious.

Spoiler alert
The toolbox tidbit was amazing.
[close]

batwings

Morrison Lard

Quote from: batwings on February 16, 2016, 04:02:24 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/alanpartridge should be of interest
Splendid, and you can use http://savevideo.me/ to rip the 720p video from there.

Tuesday just got good.

Edit: Fucking hell, that dailymotion channel has uploaded the first 3!

Morrison Lard

Coogan was on talksport this morning,
You can listen online here-
http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1455616800

Click "11:00-11:30" to the right of the player then fast forward to 5m10s.

Morrison Lard

In the talksport interview, Coogan says they're currently editing together a documentary which will go out in May;
Partridge on poverty, wealth and disaffected youth.

Skip Bittman

MoonDust

Just watched the first episode. Fucking brilliant.

Spoiler alert
Alan's play had me in stitches.
[close]

MoonDust

Laughed hard at
Spoiler alert
"It was the only time I've heard a swan 'quack'."
[close]

MoonDust

Ingeniously funny comment to Dave Clifton;
Spoiler alert
"I used to think you were a birk, but now I realise that's only half the story." But he says it like it's a compliment.
[close]

Bloody hell, this is way better than I expected.

Sorry for the serial posting.

Watched the first 3 episodes thanks to that nice guy who's put them up on DailyMotion.  Thought they were absolutely brilliant. 

The play in episode 1 had me in stitches. 
Spoiler alert
"RANGE ROVER".
[close]
And Alan's jingles are glorious.

Coogan's so fucking good in these.

Seemed to be a couple of bits of genuine corpsing from Tim Key at points as well.   

amnesiac

I've played it back so many times and can't make out what she says, what's the answer to 'i am chocolate placed on Saddam's head?'

Quote from: amnesiac on February 16, 2016, 08:50:44 PM
I've played it back so many times and can't make out what she says, what's the answer to 'i am chocolate placed on Saddam's head?'

"Bounty".

amnesiac

dr_christian_troy

Just finished the first new episode. I love that the character has developed in such a way that
Spoiler alert
when Simon makes a joke that Alan momentarily doesn't get, instead of feeling one-upped, he looks to the camera and takes the joke. This is a sign of a happy Alan,
[close]
and I really like it. Marvellous stuff.

Morrison Lard

Alan's play remarkable was delightfully crap remarkable.

That looping remarkable segment of a background remarkable Alan character remarkable had me doubled over.

Bhazor

I find it worryingly heart warming to see that Alan Partridge has made a friend and got a bird. I think I might be going mad.