Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:33:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2015 - Final: Crabwalk v Glitch **NSFW**

Started by Crabwalk, September 02, 2015, 10:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crabwalk

Black Ship

Erm,  shouldn't that be circumcised or am I missing the point?

Crabwalk

There are no official guidelines from a health or religious perspective on cocknoses. I did check.

glitch

I've got an idea or two, so will do some work tonight and have something up by tomorrow evening!

NoSleep

Quote from: Black Ship on September 03, 2015, 01:17:09 AM
Erm,  shouldn't that be circumcised or am I missing the point?

I thinks it's more important to note that Trump does not appear to be bald (could that be a rug or a transplant?) but his cocknose may be suffering from phimosis.

glitch

selectivememory

glitch

Just realised there might be a bit of an issue this week as I'm at a conference from Monday to Wednesday, and don't particularly fancy sitting in a conference hall and Photoshopping NSFW stuff where other people can see what I'm doing.

Quote from: selectivememory on September 05, 2015, 11:56:46 PM
Jesus Christ, that is hideous.

It's not quite as horrific as one of the previous versions I had, but I didn't like the composition of that one!

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: glitch on September 06, 2015, 10:58:16 AM
Just realised there might be a bit of an issue this week as I'm at a conference from Monday to Wednesday, and don't particularly fancy sitting in a conference hall and Photoshopping NSFW stuff where other people can see what I'm doing.

I don't know about anyone else but I don't care how long I have to wait to see the next shot. THIS MATCH MUST CONTINUE!

QuoteIt's not quite as horrific as one of the previous versions I had, but I didn't like the composition of that one!

Haha! That's what I like to hear.

Crabwalk

Quote from: glitch on September 06, 2015, 10:58:16 AM

I'll reply by Tuesday night, then happy to wait til Saturday if that's what you need?

Crabwalk

alan nagsworth

Cerys

Small Man Big Horse

Jesus that last shot is stunning, and deserves hanging in a gallery somewhere

glitch

Ok, back from conference, will get started on something tonight.

glitch

Ok I've got something but I'm shattered. Is it ok to finish off tomorrow morning and post it?

Crabwalk

No problem at all, glitch. Just post it when you're ready.

glitch

Ta. Would have loved to have done more on this but felt I was taking the piss a little.

I have no idea what it means.

Cerys

selectivememory

This is some final. Can't wait for the final exchange of shots. Nowt separating you at the moment.

Crabwalk

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cerys on September 09, 2015, 06:18:03 PM
What ^ he said, but with slightly less Ho Yay.

What ^ she said he said but with even more Ho Yay.

glitch

selectivememory

Amazing final. For me it was neck-and-neck after two shots each, but glitch just edges it with that final shot. Loved Crabwalk's second shot though; that was special.

Cerys

Very difficult choice, but in the end ROBOCORB swings it for glitch.

Small Man Big Horse

So difficult to choose as it was an amazing match, and RoboCorb is a stunning shot, but I'm in love with Crabwalk's second, so he gets my vote.

Fantastically worthy final. Deserves study and comment. Great work both of you. Crabwalk's first, a good idea done well. I'll say simple, as a compliment, as in sets out its stall and fulfills its promise. Similarly Glitch's reply. Smart and looks great, moves the match on just the right amount. The only thing I might reproach is that a more explicit vajayjay might have looked better. But I dunno, I'm no one to criticise the technique in any shot in this match.

Second set. Pretty artistically special from Crabwalk there. Not really fair when people use talent like that. The Barclays bike is a funny touch. Just my taste but I would have preferred less text. I dunno how much of the joke needs explaining and how to do it otherwise though. The other thing is with the transition between shots, I prefer a reply that moves the story on, whereas this is a pretty similar idea to Glitch's previous, albeit presented very differently. Glitch's Tron reply is competent and funny. Maybe not so coherent in the context of the match though. I'm being very demanding but I think the link between shots is perhaps the most important thing in Wimblewrong, and I really want to be impressed with the thought process that led from one shot to another.

The final two shots keep up this very high standard. The Cabinet montage is quite striking, and has some good laughs. Lovely sense of build-up with the order of the characters culminating in ED-209 in the suit. Glitch's reply does take the comic aesthetic to a perfect conclusion, while introducing a nice new element to the story in Corbyn. It looks incredible. There is just the right amount of detail to effectively tell a story, get a good Clause IV joke in and still have it stand as a great entry in a visual competition. Quite an achievement.

An extremely difficult choice. I'll vote for Glitch because I think his first shot is a lovely idea based on Crabwalk's, and the third is the best shot for me. Well done both of you!

Puce Moment

I didn't think anything was going to beat that brilliant opening. It seemed a done deal. But glitch edged it for me with his final two shots.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

I'm voting crabwalk for including Mike Love. Great stuff by both though.