Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:30:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Super Furries Live On Peel Last Night

Started by NattyDread, October 07, 2004, 02:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NattyDread

Was absolutely lovely
Does anyone have the means of capturing this and putting it out there? I'd be immensely greatful.

Doctor Stamen

Ah, cheers for that.  Missed this cos I went to see The Music last night but I'll have a listen later.  Speaking of SFA... just taken delivery of the limited edition 12" and CD live version of The Man Don't Give A Fuck which was deleted after a week.  Weighs in at 22 minutes long, fucking awesome, I've had it on loop for god knows how long.  It's in my Soulseek folder if anyone's interested.

NattyDread

I'll give that a go. Are you Doctor Stamen on soulseek too?

Make sure you listen to that Peel thing before next Wednesday, when it'll be replaced. It really is a blinding set. I've not heard much of them live before, but I lapped this up. They play loads of stuff from 'Mwng' and every tune has really lush orchestration. Horns, pedal steel guitar, the lot.

phalmachine

Thanks, missed this first time round.

Did anyone hear them on Jonathan Ross?  Wasn't classic, and he was openly taking the piss out of them as soon as they finished the song.  For once I agreed with Rossy.

Cambrian Times

I think the best SFA related tune i've heard is from mogwai's "Rock Action" and it's called Secret Pint.

NattyDread

Quote from: "Cambrian Times"I think the best SFA related tune i've heard is from mogwai's "Rock Action" and it's called Secret Pint.

Secret Pint's a great name for a tune. But I think the one with Gruff singing is called 'Dial: Revenge.'

Cambrian Times

Quote from: "NattyDread"
Quote from: "Cambrian Times"I think the best SFA related tune i've heard is from mogwai's "Rock Action" and it's called Secret Pint.

Secret Pint's a great name for a tune. But I think the one with Gruff singing is called 'Dial: Revenge.'

Oh, my bad. Well the last time i heard it I was out me box on the wacky, and and that point I can no more follow track listings then David James can save penalties.

Edit: I've just found out that the word dial means "revenge" in Welsh.

Duffy

I've MP3'd this. If anyone wants it, let me know. It's only "Listen Again" streaming quality but better than nowt.

Doctor Stamen

It's knocking around on Soulseek as well now, I found it at the weekend.

BetaKarraTene

They also did 4 songs for XFM the other night that sounded rather dandy. Not sure if there's any encodes knocking around though.