Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:18:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"This is my opinion and I don't care what anyone else thinks"

Started by gazzyk1ns, October 07, 2004, 02:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gazzyk1ns

I've been thinking of starting a thread about this sort of thing for some time now, and was pushed over the edge by reading the thread about Billy Connolly's Ken Bigley jokes, in CC, here.

Quote[re: Connolly] He is a spokesman for himself and he doesn't really care about what people are really thinking.

Does anybody here really believe anyone who says something, and then claims that they don't care what anyone thinks? I've heard so many people say it, in real life, on TV, and on the net, and I never believe it.

If they truly didn't care what anyone thought then they'd not say the "thing" in question. They're always looking for approval, disapproval, or "respect for their right to free speech", or at least something similar to the latter.

Even the most honest people, those with the most admirable intentions, want at least some debate about the issue they're commenting upon - and so they still care what people think, because if everyone was indifferent they'd be left disappointed.

Yeah, they probably just mean they're not going to lose sleep if people disagree with them. It would be quite funny though if they just genuinely didnt care either way - Like someone posts some extreme view on here then some nice poster replies "Yeah, I agree with you all the way." and they respond "Do you? Like I'm arsed."