Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:05:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Adam Buxton Podcast

Started by Phil_A, September 18, 2015, 09:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil_A

First of these up now.

https://soundcloud.com/adam-buxton/the-adam-buxton-podcast-ep1-holiday-buffet-with-louis-theroux

It's mostly a discussion with Ken Korda Louis Theroux about hotel buffet etiquette, with a guest appearance by Baaaaaadaaaaad at the end. Bit more serious in tone than you might've thought, but it's pretty good. Nigel Buxton is
Spoiler alert
[close]
now!

daf

BLACK SQUADRON!
BLACK SQUADRON!
BLACK SQUADRON!
BLACK SQUADRON!

Thanks!

BLACK SQUADRON!
BLACK SQUADRON!
BLACK SQUADRON!
BLACK SQUADRON!

Hat FM

I wonder who the other convos are with and how often he will cast the pod.  I would have thought Cornballz will be on an episode.

hedgehog90

Yeeeeaaaaaah!
I just finished listening to the old A&J XFM shows recently, this is exactly what I need!

kidsick5000

Quote from: Phil_A on September 18, 2015, 09:46:13 PM
It's mostly a discussion with Ken Korda Louis Theroux

Good god, you aren't kidding. I've never clocked the connection before

Crabwalk

That was like a funny episode of 'The Moral Maze'.

Great hearing Buxton on the defensive against torpedoes again - always a highlight during the old A&J shows. Theroux's quite a good foil. Baadaad still sharply avuncular, which is lovely to hear.

I almost missed the little hidden skit after the closing music.

madhair60

tomasrojo

Or is there an RSS feed?  (I know you can just download from the soundcloud page, so not all that important, but I like using RSS.)

Custard

Ahh, brilliant! 'Bout time Buxton did something new!

I got the first episode through the Podcast Addict app, so I'm guessing it's on iTunes etc

madhair60

radarange

Quote from: tomasrojo on September 21, 2015, 11:31:49 AM
Or is there an RSS feed?  (I know you can just download from the soundcloud page, so not all that important, but I like using RSS.)

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:6880308/sounds.rss

madhair60

I'm so easily amused that I always giggle at the rambunctious childishness of "my name is Adam Buxton I'm a MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN"

Paaaaul

I love Adam, but I found the podcast to be meandering and pretty much laugh-free. If it's a comedy podcast, it needs to be funnier. If it's a discussion podcast, it needs to be snappier.
It was just two blokes talking for the majority of the duration.

madhair60

Quote from: Paaaaul on September 22, 2015, 12:29:29 PM
I love Adam, but I found the podcast to be meandering and pretty much laugh-free. If it's a comedy podcast, it needs to be funnier. If it's a discussion podcast, it needs to be snappier.

I liked it okay.  It is just the first one so he's probably going to settle into a format.  It seems like he's reusing old conversations at the moment but once he starts doing new ones I think it'll pick up.  Or he'll just stop immediately.

Mango Chimes

Quote from: Paaaaul on September 22, 2015, 12:29:29 PM

Fuck offfffff.  Two blokes talking in a meandering fashion is exactly what I want from Buckles, and this was ace (and very funny, I thought.). I'll be very happy for this to continue as it is, like less intercut, more Buxtony Jon Ronson On.

Beagle 2

Panbaams

Second one's up already – it's an interview with Lianne La Havas.

Custard

Quote from: Mango Chimes on September 23, 2015, 11:09:55 AM
Fuck offfffff.  Two blokes talking in a meandering fashion is exactly what I want from Buckles, and this was ace (and very funny, I thought.). I'll be very happy for this to continue as it is, like less intercut, more Buxtony Jon Ronson On.
Yeah, agreed

Thought it was very funny, myself. And I loved how laidback it all was

And Bad Dad! It'd be great if he had a little cameo at the end of each episode

idunnosomename

Reminds me of what an endearing tightwad Adam is.

(I only pilfer breakfast material when I think lunch might be hard to obtain. These continentals bring it on themselves, with ham, bread and cheese practically asking for it instead of harder-to-pocket beans and scrambled eggs)

I loved how he crumbled when shown the error of his stealing (yeah, I said it) ways.

holyzombiejesus

Adam Buxton makes it OK to say, 'oh, man' and for that I love him.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Steve Lampkins on September 23, 2015, 02:30:30 PM
I loved how he crumbled when shown the error of his stealing (yeah, I said it) ways.
"What if everybody acted like that"

Wise Baaaaad Dad indeed.

Crabwalk

New one up. From the synopsis it looks like 48 minutes of pure Buckles fun with no interview.

Crabwalk

Lovely, low-key stuff. The Brian Eno affair was very heart-warming. I'm not sure anyone else would've gotten away with that without it seeming self-congratulatory, but Buxton deserved that little ego boost given the career knocks he's had.

A new Bond song next week!!

Beagle 2

I'm finding these boring as fuck, I'm afraid.

Ringside

I really enjoyed the first one. It didn't make me laugh out loud, giggle or even chuckle, but I thought it was a good listen.

SimonJT

It's a mark of how lovable Buckules is that I found myself feeling genuinely delighted when the Eno story turned around - it's such a recognisable fear, making a dick of yourself towards someone you admire. I love the ads at the end too.

RickyGerbail

Buxton has always bordered on the edge of being really good, not quite getting there though imo. Fuck him.I'm much more impressed with the hollywood career of his ex-partner.