Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:59:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Adam Buxton Podcast

Started by Phil_A, September 18, 2015, 09:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poo

Yeah the Adam bits were good, as always, but the filling not so much.

Wet Blanket

I think they're all good, apart from Johnny Greenwood, who comes across as a preternaturally boring man. He doesn't just get the same set of comedians that appear on all the other podcasts either, which is to his credit. 

Ideally he'd have a Louis Theroux episode every series. Really what we need is a Buxton-Theroux Athletico Mince style podcast which is just them shooting the shit.

Twed

Fabian Thomsett

DrGreggles

Quote from: Fabian Thomsett on June 07, 2018, 01:04:08 PM
New one up with Tim Key.

Hooray!

Actually off to see him in a few minutes.

Wet Blanket

One of the more boring ones I thought, it just sounded like two middle-aged men shooting the breeze in an art gallery. I know that's exactly what it was but it sounded like that.

The pair of them together are too amiable to make for a really interesting listen (to me). It intrigues me that Buckles is a clearly a lovely guy but has a nasty temper on him. I hope one day he interviews someone who riles him. 

I did laugh at the idea of him trying to be the cool dad by offering his teen kid a beer and putting on a DVD of Alan Clarke's The Firm.

Blinder Data

I'm only halfway through Tim Key's but I think it's great. He's mastered the art of the comedic pause, hasn't he? I don't mind the interviews where they don't go into much depth if the chat flows.

Beagle 2

Yeah I really enjoyed that one. I do like Tim Key's ability to be effortlessly cutting and rude to people in every interview I've ever seen him give.

DrGreggles

Tim Key was ace on the Brian Gittins pod too.

Soup

Dunno if this has been posted on here already and I'm too lazy to check, but somebody's uploaded an old Stewart Lee interview of Buckles from 2005. A pleasant ramblechat which is HERE (interview starts at 10.17)

Chollis

Big fan of that poo jingle, really took me by surprise.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Wet Blanket on June 08, 2018, 11:35:37 AM
One of the more boring ones I thought, it just sounded like two middle-aged men shooting the breeze in an art gallery. I know that's exactly what it was but it sounded like that.

The pair of them together are too amiable to make for a really interesting listen (to me). It intrigues me that Buckles is a clearly a lovely guy but has a nasty temper on him. I hope one day he interviews someone who riles him. 

I did laugh at the idea of him trying to be the cool dad by offering his teen kid a beer and putting on a DVD of Alan Clarke's The Firm.

Probably been mentioned elsewhere but Buckles tells an hilarious tale about getting angry with a shop assistant, and threatened with arrest, whilst trying to buy tobacco at Cambridge station during his third appearance on RHLSTP. Narrowly beats the Greg Davies RHLTP hot milk up the arse anecdote for sheer chucklesome goodness.

VelourSpirit

https://twitter.com/AdamBuxton/status/1007561882377555971
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su9LO16jKZI
Apparently Buxton recorded a podcast with Mac Demarco but it didn't end up getting recorded. Quite a shame - if that popped up in my podcast list I'd have been completely blindsided, even more than PTA since at least there's the Jonny Greenwood connection. Just an unusual combination of people I'd never have imagined talking, but I'll never hear it anyway.

Salty_fries

Quote from: Soup on June 13, 2018, 03:04:39 PM
Dunno if this has been posted on here already and I'm too lazy to check, but somebody's uploaded an old Stewart Lee interview of Buckles from 2005. A pleasant ramblechat which is HERE (interview starts at 10.17)

Hey, that was me! I felt bad that such a good chat with my two favourite comedians was hidden away deep in the bowels of the Fist of Fun website, so I stuck it up on Youtube for all to enjoy.

Mini

Buckles was on the Book Shambles podcast last week with Robin Ince and Sarah Kendall, just started listening and they're talking about Bowie's 100 favourite books list - https://www.acast.com/bookshambleswithrobinandjosie/adam-buxton

DrGreggles

Saw him at BUG last night. Excellent stuff.
Louis will be on the pod again soon.

Lost Oliver

Did he interview Limmy for this and we're just waiting for it to be pumped out or did it all go quiet?

Jerzy Bondov

I think the latest is still this from back at the start of May: https://twitter.com/adambuxton/status/993184883546738695?lang=en
QuoteLimmy: Thank you for the kind words, @AdamBuxton. This is my official notice that I would love to be on your podcast. I'll be down in London 1-2 June, if you fancy it!
Buckles: I fancy it. Will be in touch. Thanks Limmy.
Limmy: Ta!

edit: looking at Limmy's timeline he was hanging around in London on the dates in question https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1002654313628528641 So it's possible, but we don't know! Fingers crossed eh.

Just found a Tweet from Buckles on June 7, somebody asks him if he interviewed Limmy and he says 'It will happen!' so maybe it hasn't happened yet.

Lost Oliver

Nice one, let's hope.

He's infinitely better at this than Herring. I can't even listen to his anymore.

popcorn

Whenever this podcast goes away I miss it badly.

popcorn

It's back!

I am starting to think that Adam Buxton seems to like rather a lot of slightly rubbish young comedians.

metaltax

"This recording's been cobbled together from a backup made on my handheld..."

*delete*

Pranet

I was at the recording of this one. Almost exactly a year ago.

Pranet

Well. I don't know how much any one else would get out of it, but it was a nice trip down memory lane for me.

Wet Blanket

Quote from: popcorn on August 20, 2018, 06:22:39 AM
It's back!

Hooray!

QuoteAdam talks to Australian comedian Laura Davis and Canadian musician...

*Deletes*

Hopefully it'll pick up though, if word on the street about Limmy and Louis Theroux reappearing proves correct

VelourSpirit

Oh great, I didn't think I'd get to hear this one. Just the idea of Buxton talking to Mac Demarco is weird to me.

SteveDave

Why do I think Mac Demarco is Australian? Is it the grin? The cap? Please help.

daf

Last few podcasts have refused to download from itunes - so I finally updated/upgraded (what-everrr!) the softwear.

Not only has it removed the artwork from the bottom corner of the sidebar, but it's completely buggered up my cozy old pair of slippers familiar itunes podcast window (removing my gray 'carrot list' of as yet undownloaded podcasts, leaving just the latest ones) . . . AND The Buxton podcasts STILL don't download!

I effed it all up for nothing!

GNNNNNNARRRGHH!

olliebean

It's been a while since I used iTunes (not since I got an Android phone and didn't need to rely on it to sync my music any more), but while I did use it I literally never managed to successfully install an update - every time there was some problem or another, and I always ended up having to uninstall and reinstall it from scratch (which luckily is possible to do without having to re-import your music library). What is it they say about Apple stuff, that it "just works?" My arse it does.

Chollis

I switched to android purely because of how much of a cunt iTunes is. When did Buckles say he would be back full time? Was it around October?