Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,574,326
  • Total Topics: 106,599
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:46:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Adam Buxton Podcast

Started by Phil_A, September 18, 2015, 09:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hat FM

do people on here still follow graham linehan on twitter? i had to get rid.  terrible.

QRDL

I do. I enjoy his war with GamerGate.

Crabwalk

Quote from: Hat FM on December 06, 2015, 09:06:40 PM
do people on here still follow graham linehan on twitter? i had to get rid.  terrible.

I did for a short while but we had a disagreement and he blocked me. He's on the right side of many debates but manages to be a total bell with it.

robotam

NOT Christmas episode yet. But there's a more standard Adam Buxton podcast episode with Joe.

The Christmas special will come out on Friday.

hedgehog90

I can't tell you what joy it brought me just to see it sitting there in my feed.
I haven't listened to it yet, can't wait.

niat

That intro was fucking heartbreaking. R.I.P. Baaaddad.

hedgehog90

Indeed. A very fitting & touching tribute, Buckles handled it like a pro.

Blinder Data

Yes, genuinely emotional intro. Good to hear Buckles get this stuff out in the open.

As soon as Joe went off on a 'Peely Wallpaper' tangent I knew we were onto a winner - like the good old days. I hope his Hollywood career crashes and burns so we can have more totally silly funny audio chat.

idunnosomename

What a lovely Christmas podcast - just like 6music days of yore, but without them playing shit like that electric feel thing

And more sincere tributes to Nigel, heartwarming

kidsick5000

Quote from: Blinder Data on December 25, 2015, 02:01:22 AM
I hope his Hollywood career crashes and burns so we can have more totally silly funny audio chat.

A beautiful Christmas sentiment

Entropy Balsmalch

That was lovely. PLEASE DO THEM ALL THE TIME PLEASE.

hedgehog90

Lovely lovely lovely.
Lovely.
It was great wasn't it?
Listened to some of it with my older brother who introduced me to A&J's TV show years ago. He hasn't heard the radio show or anything of theirs since the TV show, but he quickly got into it, particularly the bit that led on after reading the ex-CaBber's email (Clue: username rhymes with The Tough Tastey Tangman)

I hope they do it again next Christmas, it's such a wonderful treat.

PaulTMA

Quote from: hedgehog90 on December 26, 2015, 02:06:12 AM
Lovely lovely lovely.
Lovely.
It was great wasn't it?

Merry Xmas CaB
don't go changin'

George Oscar Bluth II

Well that was lovely wasn't it?

What's the tune at the end of the podcasts?

hayduke_lives

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's apparently a loop sampled from a Wario game for the Game Boy Advance. I think he might name the game (or the level) towards the end of the second Louis Theroux episode.

non capisco

It's his own remix from the music bed of 'Wario's Woods'.

Oh cheers. Has he put the whole remix up? Or can anyone find the original?

McFlymo

Quote from: niat on December 24, 2015, 02:47:57 PM
That intro was fucking heartbreaking. R.I.P. Baaaddad.

Holy shit.

I'm genuinely close to tears hearing that and quite shocked at how candid Mr. Buckles is with the details of his father passing. Big virtual hugs to him and wish I could send some sort of condolences that would not be smothering, unsettling and creepy.

It does kinda make me love the Buckles even more, which is annoying. I can't keep giving!! My love is spent!! dammit Buckles! Why must you make of me the ever GUSHING FANBOY!!?!

Harpo Speaks

Fucking hell, correspondence from puffy. No mention of the jews though.

non capisco

HE WAS AM ROBOT....ARE YOU MY WIFE?

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Don't know why we're assuming that it's *our* puffy, could just be someone else who liked that Brass eye quote

Anyway, just adding my thoughts to the thoughtpile that that was really really good. Was a bit worried that Joe would be a bit jaded and disinterested, but from Frot/Nixon within the first few seconds of their chat it was all "yep, they're back"

Puce Moment

Yes, a very emotional intro that really moved me.

These podcasts are wonderful, and hearing Joe back for two rounds just felt like pure fun. The first cast was interesting because it sounded like Adam was getting quite genuinely irritated with Joe for being all secretive about Cruiser and Star Wars. The Xmas day cast was just pure fun.

Gosh I miss their 6music show.

thenoise

Quote from: Puce Moment on December 29, 2015, 12:29:28 PM
Yes, a very emotional intro that really moved me.

These podcasts are wonderful, and hearing Joe back for two rounds just felt like pure fun. The first cast was interesting because it sounded like Adam was getting quite genuinely irritated with Joe for being all secretive about Cruiser and Star Wars. The Xmas day cast was just pure fun.

Gosh I miss their 6music show.

I used to love their little tiffs :)

My flat has never been so clean since when I used to have A&J on 6music in the background for my Saturday morning housework.

Blinder Data

Quote from: kidsick5000 on December 25, 2015, 01:39:12 PM
A beautiful Christmas sentiment

He could direct the next Star Wars film, solve cancer and pull a jumbo jet with his balls, but it still wouldn't be as great as the time he sang: "What did we ever boobidy do to you?!"[nb]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPP72bGa2nc[/nb]

Bloody well welled up at the end of the second one when Adam did. FFS. It was great overall, really hope there's more to come.

idunnosomename

Relistening to that segment made a tear roll down my cheek in sheer mirth

"I was very drunk last night"

Pranet

"You don't have to". I may have shed a manly tear at that.

The Roofdog

No, YOU'VE got something in your eye.

That was lovely.

McFlymo

Does anyone know much about the music that Adam makes? i.e. is it mostly backing tracks from Royalty Free sites and the like, with him just adding his vocals, or does he have more of a hands on approach? Or does he work with some producer types? Some of them songs are quite nicely done.

Entropy Balsmalch

His production skills have grown hugely over the years. At first it was just Apple backing tracks. Then he utterly rinsed Garageband. In fact, Joe and his use of GB is some of the best I've heard. Adam then started to use more and more outboard stuff and play more and more of his tracks himself rather than using loops. His vocal production is also excellent. In fact, even in the early days, his layering of vocals has always been pretty great. Listen back to that Scallywag track I posted in another thread.

Nowadays you get a bit of both from him. He does still use backing tracks a lot, but more for stabs and little bits and pieces. He's also moved on to Logic.