Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:29:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Adam Buxton Podcast

Started by Phil_A, September 18, 2015, 09:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twit 2

Ha, bought most of my wife's Christmas pressies from Jarrold's.

Sin Agog

I know I've seen prickliness where there probably hasn't been any in the past A&J reunions, but I'm happy to say this was mellow and fun throughout.  Really wish Joe would do the occasional professional funnyman thing a bit more often besides the annual Buxton pod appearance, but I am looking forward to the movie. Boorman's Excalibur is a bit of a favourite, so this looks great.  Maybe he'll get into a juicy frisson with Kermode again after it comes out, which would be fun.

That perspex X thing had me in paroxysms, until I found the footage on YouTube.

Twit 2

In tears at Buxton's Cilla/Maj BohRap.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

There's been a weird frosty atmosphere in the last two of these but that was nowhere to be seen on this one, they both seemed like they were having a really good time. Proper belly laughs in that one two, especially with their theories as to Nick Knowles' moon scepticism and that weird demonic knockoff cat thing.

Twit 2

Yes, joe did not come across well on the last couple. I guessing it could be because he'd had some problems with films he was developing, but having got this Excalibur one made he seems a lot happier.

Ferris

*spoiler*

Only just listened to it. Laughed out loud in public more than once (esp at the mad demon cat thing) and the audacity of Buckleton also had me cackling.

Very good podcast.

KennyMonster

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 10, 2019, 03:57:19 AM
*spoiler*

Only just listened to it. Laughed out loud in public more than once (esp at the mad demon cat thing) and the audacity of Buckleton also had me cackling.

Very good podcast.

I was running on a treadmill when I heard that cat thing and them getting freaked out by it, so it almost literally floored me I was laughing so much.

Puce Moment

Can I please add to the chorus of approval for this. Buckles cleverly releases this super close to Xmas day so I always end up escaping from family to listen to this. After a few years it has become part of my xmas rituals! And yes, Joe sounds a lot happier and way less abrasive, which is a really good thing. It was the only negative aspect of their xmas cast in the past.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I saw a trailer for Cornballs' new film recently. Sad to say, it looked a bit rubbish, like it should be on Children's BBC or something.

RicoMNKN

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on January 15, 2019, 01:17:37 PM
I saw a trailer for Cornballs' new film recently. Sad to say, it looked a bit rubbish, like it should be on Children's BBC or something.

Yeah, I was underwhelmed.  That said, most trailers tend to look generic and dull, I'm clearly not it's target audience and Edgar Wright linking to it with a Time Bandits comparison set the expectation bar way too high.

https://twitter.com/edgarwright/status/1082441856510640130

VelourSpirit

It's actually getting quite good reviews. It's 132 fucking minutes long though. Imagine if he did cut Buxton's cameo and it was still 132 minutes long. Looking forward to seeing him in it anyway.

VelourSpirit

That's quite good. I forget the story as soon as I've heard it. Something about Tom Cruise drawing a leg wrong? Did he draw that hoof?

Dusty Substance

Mango Chimes

Quote from: Utter Shit on October 28, 2018, 08:58:55 PM
It took me a long time to warm to her on the Frank Skinner show, but she's great. Naturally very funny and much more self-effacing than she comes across at first. The dog podcast is great too. Maybe you'll always dislike her but I'd definitely give her another go if you like the look of her podcast guests.

Incidentally: I did. And enjoyed the couple I listened to, so thanks for this. I'm not sure I've warmed to her so much as thawed, but the Buxton one was enjoyable, and the Jonathan Ross one a bit of a revelation.

Phil_A

J-Corns is the guest on 6 Music's Sound & Vision this Sunday, seems like the closest we're going to get to having him back on the radio again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0002d0g

Twed

Any idea what the source for the "boom goes the brainbox"/"is that real melody?" samples are in that one tune Adam made? It doesn't sound like Adam himself, and always makes me think of a Music Time children's educational presenter type.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Twed on February 07, 2019, 03:49:48 PM
Any idea what the source for the "boom goes the brainbox"/"is that real melody?" samples are in that one tune Adam made? It doesn't sound like Adam himself, and always makes me think of a Music Time children's educational presenter type.
Here you go pal, it's Rog Scruton having a waffle

SteveDave

Quote from: Twed on February 07, 2019, 03:49:48 PM

A Google leads me to think it's someone reading this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34801885

Jerzy Bondov

Twed

Thanks!

You could take a leaf out of Thosworth's book, Jerzy.

popcorn

I asked the same question a while ago. It's my favourite jingle. Boooooom goes the brainbox. At the start of every bar.

I would love to know what he meant by "brainbox". It sounds like your head or brain, obviously, but the fact that it goes "boom" at the start of every bar suggests he might mean a drum machine, a notion which pleases me greatly.

Twed

Judging by the cunt's oeuvre, he probably means "and your brain gets addled with stupid modern enjoyment".

Thosworth

Damn it. I swear those messages weren't there when I replied. Will always preview/refresh in future.