Author Topic: The Adam Buxton Podcast  (Read 172007 times)

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

• a hopeless vanity... a stupefyingly futile conceit
    • Me Twitter
Re: The Adam Buxton Podcast
« Reply #1350 on: February 08, 2019, 10:37:44 PM »
I'm not sure about Joe's new Gauntlet Nonce look

He looks like a cyborg David Lynch.

Vitalstatistix

• Photocopies are not admissable as memories
« Reply #1351 on: February 09, 2019, 03:31:04 AM »
Sad to read his new film is a massive box office flop so far. That must be really disheartening, not to mention future career threatening.

It does look wank though.

Twed

• "J" Joe Jeans and his jelly beans
« Reply #1352 on: February 09, 2019, 03:34:12 AM »

kidsick5000

• Gotta be groovy for the moovy
« Reply #1353 on: February 09, 2019, 08:04:59 AM »
not to mention future career threatening.

Not really. Unless he starts bad-mouthing distributors, studios etc
He’s had one highly regarded debut. This one has had good word of mouth, but is going up against How to Train Your Dragon and LEGO sequels.
This won’t have lost an insane amount of money. He’ll be fine

« Reply #1354 on: February 12, 2019, 11:25:54 AM »
Joe's on Jonathan Ross's podcast, 'I Like Films' (which Adam recommended at the end of one of his episodes), if anyone's interested:

https://audioboom.com/posts/7171404-joe-cornish

« Reply #1355 on: February 12, 2019, 11:42:42 AM »
To be fair it's reviewing well and hasn't been released over here yet. I'm sure it'll break even and it's a good piece of work for the CV, it's hardly a flop all things considered.

« Reply #1356 on: February 12, 2019, 11:56:37 AM »
To be fair it's reviewing well and hasn't been released over here yet. I'm sure it'll break even and it's a good piece of work for the CV, it's hardly a flop all things considered.

It's not going to break even, it's going to lose a huge amount of money.

Wet Blanket

• I am the Colour Blind Dog-Thief
« Reply #1357 on: February 12, 2019, 01:43:56 PM »
Ive been quite surprised by Cornish's chosen path of very mainstream fare, considering his quirky and sharp-witted personality. Even Attack the Block was a lot more straightforward than I was expecting.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

• a hopeless vanity... a stupefyingly futile conceit
    • Me Twitter
« Reply #1358 on: February 12, 2019, 11:18:22 PM »
I detected an undercurrent of despair in the Ross/Cornish podcast. It was obviously recorded after the King Arthur film tanked in America, so Ross practically begs people to go and see it when it's released in the UK.

Ive been quite surprised by Cornish's chosen path of very mainstream fare, considering his quirky and sharp-witted personality. Even Attack the Block was a lot more straightforward than I was expecting.

In that Ross podcast, Cornballs states that he's always wanted to write and direct good, intelligent commercial films. Fair enough, we need more of those.

Ross' podcast is alright, by the way. Admittedly, the only other episode I've listened to is the one with Robert Zemeckis, but I found that quite enjoyable. It's basically just Ross the film enthusiast - as opposed to Ross the tired chat show host and media personality - interviewing filmmakers he admires. He knows his stuff and asks good questions.

« Reply #1359 on: February 17, 2019, 11:28:20 AM »
I saw Dr Buckles at a charity do (he was suprisingly down to earth etc...) last night. He read an extract from the book he's writing - it was called 1st Class Bastard and drew on the Travelling Tales 6music segment stuff. Was great.

gmoney

• Hug a jug of wine
« Reply #1360 on: February 17, 2019, 09:33:12 PM »
It's not going to break even, it's going to lose a huge amount of money.

No film ever loses a huge amount of money these days.

Enzo

• Yo!
« Reply #1361 on: February 17, 2019, 11:17:51 PM »
I saw Dr Buckles at a charity do (he was suprisingly down to earth etc...) last night. He read an extract from the book he's writing - it was called 1st Class Bastard and drew on the Travelling Tales 6music segment stuff. Was great.

That made me go listen to the Travelling Tales Jingle. thanks.

« Reply #1362 on: April 15, 2019, 06:53:58 PM »
Buxton interviewed by Samira Ahmed https://play.acast.com/s/howifoundmyvoice/adambuxton