Author Topic: The Adam Buxton Podcast  (Read 180574 times)

Twed

• "J" Joe Jeans and his jelly beans
Re: The Adam Buxton Podcast
« Reply #1410 on: May 11, 2019, 10:46:46 PM »
In every single episode of this it feels like he's hoping his guest will give Adam an opening to just say "political correctness HAS gone mad!" and open up the floodgates on about five years worth of opinions about that.

PlanktonSideburns

• Our love can destroy this whole fucking world
« Reply #1411 on: May 11, 2019, 10:52:11 PM »
Thought ruby wax was great, gonna check out that old series of hers now, very vague memories of watching it as a kid

« Reply #1412 on: May 13, 2019, 09:46:10 AM »
I'm normally his biggest fan but that james acaster pod was pretty dull right?

« Reply #1413 on: May 13, 2019, 10:03:01 AM »
I enjoyed it. Not a laugh a minute but interesting nonetheless. I want to read his new book when it comes out, and that sci-fi script

SteveDave

• My LPs ^^^ are still for sale
    • BUY BUY BUY
« Reply #1414 on: May 14, 2019, 01:52:33 PM »
I loved it. If I had money to burn I'd buy that extra 30 minutes of chat from his App too.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

• a hopeless vanity... a stupefyingly futile conceit
    • Me Twitter
« Reply #1415 on: May 14, 2019, 07:42:53 PM »
Their chat about Jerry Seinfeld was quite interesting. I like Jerry, but they're absolutely right, in interviews he always comes across as an Olympian God who's cracked the secret of comedy.

Yes, he knows what he's talking about to a large degree, he's been a successful professional comedian for over 40 years, but he really does seem to think his opinion are cast-iron truths.

Mind you, that can all be excused by the hilarious way in which he looked at Gervais during that notorious Talking Comedy special. Seinfeld obviously, and quite rightly, thought he was an absolute charlatan waffling bollocks.

TwinPeaks

• didn't choose a very distinctive username did i
« Reply #1416 on: Today at 02:55:05 AM »
New one with Charlotte Gainsbourg! I always feel such pride for Buckles when he gets someone so unexpected.