Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:58:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Adam Buxton Podcast

Started by Phil_A, September 18, 2015, 09:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

non capisco

Quote from: SteveDave on June 05, 2019, 02:27:12 PM
Adam dropping the ball not remembering the big "John Grant has HIV" thing in this weeks podcast.

It did amuse me after Grant had gone on at length about his unhappy childhood and various longstanding demons Adam shortly afterward came back with the question "What's one really nutty anecdote from your life?"

phantom_power

I really enjoyed the Charlotte Church chat. I want her to be my friend. I am surprised he didn't ask if her interest in child emancipation is due to her own public childhood but maybe that was too obvious

HAVANAGILA

The Charlotte Church podcast felt like eavesdropping on a lovely, warm chat between friends – they had a definite rapport. Interesting that Charlotte had specifically asked Adam if she could appear on the show, rather than the other way around.

Don't know why but Adam's matter-of-fact recounting of this BBC News story during the podcast outro had me crying with laughter: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48477081

popcorn

I could have listened to Charlotte Church tell stories of how mental her childhood was for ever.

Crabwalk

Agreed about Charlotte Church. Enjoyed the Barbara Streisand / Barry Manilow anecdote especially.

Quote from: HAVANAGILA on June 10, 2019, 09:46:13 AM
Don't know why but Adam's matter-of-fact recounting of this BBC News story during the podcast outro had me crying with laughter: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48477081

Yes, I rarely lol when listening to podcasts but that really had me going.

DrGreggles

I once correctly guessed* the 4 digit code to a padlock, much to my mate's amazement.
"What were the chances of that? About a million to one!?"
I didn't have the heart...

*I cheated

Twed

I want to marry her a bit.

I thought the John Grand podcast was interesting. But Charlotte has been my favourite recent one by far.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Charlotte Church is brilliant. I'd vote for her.

VelourSpirit

Charlotte Church was a surprise guest on the Infinite Monkey Cage live at Bluedot festival a few years ago and I felt silly for never realising how great she is. She was talking about aliens and space and things. She's been one of my dream guests on this for ages so I'm excited to have a listen

sponk

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on June 10, 2019, 09:21:27 PM
Mate. She's hawking crisps. Grow up.

In my defense I was meant to post this much worse advert for virgin holidays

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZGcLM__AFRQ

Yes, Richard Branson is a tit.

phantom_power

And obviously a young girl should not be allowed to change her political opinion, or be convinced/forced to do something she might not want to do by people with vested interests. Or want to pay the bills

Tony Tony Tony

The ramblechat with Charlotte Church was a delight. Buckles sounded aghast when she mentioned not being particularly arsed when she met David Bowie. I bet his face was a picture of incredulity (That's Buxton not Bowie). 

Sin Agog

Mortimer & Whitehouse & Buxton Gone Fishing!

arpster

Charlotte Church is always huge value for money....her TV interview with John Bishop was a bobby dazzler...

Quote from: Sin Agog on June 15, 2019, 05:09:59 PM
Mortimer & Whitehouse & Buxton Gone Fishing!

Get in! What a lovely surprise.

DrGreggles

I think I could listen to that forever.

non capisco

I wondered from Bob's reaction to Paul letting slip that he'd considered jacking 'Athletico Mince' in at one point whether he'd actually ever told that to Andy.

Quote from: non capisco on June 16, 2019, 03:35:16 PM
I wondered from Bob's reaction to Paul letting slip that he'd considered jacking 'Athletico Mince' in at one point whether he'd actually ever told that to Andy.

Yeah, that was a bit awkward. Bob sounded quite flustered at first, but I think he just about managed to recover the situation.

sponk

Andy would have just muted Bob on Twitter and called him a cunt.

What I took away from that was the (probably wrong) impression that Paul doesn't think much of Andy. It was the follow-up when he asked if Andy wrote any of it that did it.

mrfridge

Had to stop listening at The pig-moth story. The people on the tram were looking at me oddly.

marquis_de_sad

That was a really good one. Bob Mortimer is always great, but it sounded like Paul Whitehouse was in a really good mood, which added a lot to the dynamic.

phantom_power

Three of my favourite comedy entertainers having a chat. Pure pleasure. Bob's non-sequitur carpet talk pretty much sums up why he is a comedy genius

EOLAN

A good fun listen. Perhaps a sign of how good it was that I felt I wanted a lot more. Did appear to cut off in mid-flow with no real wind-down. So a back-handed compliment I guess.

Dusty Substance

Caught up with three of these yesterday.

Whitehouse and Mortimer - Absolutely wonderful, could've listened to them forever. I still haven't seen their fishing Trip yet. I probably ought to.

Charlotte Gainsbourg - AMSR heaven. I'd never heard her "real" speaking voice before so my respect for her English accent in LvT's films has massively increased.

James Acast(er) - He makes a good interviewee. Nothing new or Earth shattering but I made a note of his "recommended albums from 2016".

Twed

Cracking up at this teddy boy I just found who looks like Paul Whitehouse talking to Jo Brand

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoot_suit#/media/File:B&w_Reading2016_003.jpg

SteveDave

Quote from: mrfridge on June 17, 2019, 07:40:58 AM
Had to stop listening at The pig-moth story. The people on the tram were looking at me oddly.

I was at home and screamed myself into a coughing fit at it. "A moth! But the size of a pig! A Pig Moth! It sucked 5 pints of my blood!"