Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:26:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Adam Buxton Podcast

Started by Phil_A, September 18, 2015, 09:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crabwalk

New one up, featuring an interview with Jon Ronson.

McFlymo

I am in gleeful heaven at these. I love the editing in of little music nuggets (that I am assuming Buckles makes himself), the layout of the show (with Buckles reflecting on "snooty" Theroux towards the end) and Bad Dad being 90 and still quite astute. Yay! More Buckles silliness in my life!

SimonJT

The Spectre song was so fucking funny.
Spoiler alert
Jimothy[/spolier] Bond! And I love the faux ads at the end, they're priceless.
[close]

thugler

I really like the theme tune, whether it's an ad creation or not it's ace.

The fake ads really fooled me too, proper belly laugh when i realised it wasn't the usual stamps.com ad you get in podcasts

Custard

Found the cold diary one a bit of a slog. But that's mainly due to it making me feel a bit ill myself, hearing about someone feeling ill

The rest have been very good though, and all pretty different. So it's clear it's still finding it's feet

No mention of his brief Edith Bowman assisted radio run, though. I actually didn't mind that series as much as some others, but still think Buckles and Lisa Tarbuck would do a great show together. They really had fantastic chemistry when he appeared on her show a few years back. I love that he pissed off that sour old tit Paul Weller along the way too

daf

Quote from: Shameless Custard on October 13, 2015, 01:31:49 PM
I love that he pissed off that sour old tit Paul Weller along the way too

PW : Yeah, I just do music for myself really, if anyone else likes it it's a bonus . . .

AB : Ah, Wella-Wella-Wella!
~ (tumbleweed) ~

hedgehog90

I came across this short interview with Adam Buxton from July.

http://bogginsnuggets.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/adam-drops-some-serious-info-bombs-on.html
or
http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/The_Tom_Dunne_Show/Highlights_from_Tom_Dunne/96660/

He says him and Joe had recently discussed doing some live shows to celebrate 20 years, which would mean some time next year?

Also I hadn't realised the pilot for the Buxton/Linehan space sitcom was filmed months ago. Have any CaBbers seen it?

East of Eden

Just listened to the Jon Ronson episode. I'm really enjoying Buxton as an interviewer, really hope he keeps this going forever, because I'd listen.

SteveDave

I loved this weeks with Garth Jennings. Even when they sounded like they were about to have asthma attacks when they were walking to the pub.

Crabwalk

I enjoyed Jennings' father-in-law anecdote greatly. Very foolish brave of him to share it publicly! I'm very intrigued by his new animation project - I was wondering recently why he hadn't made anything since Son of Rambow and assumed his career was in the toilet. How wrong I was!

idunnosomename

The reading out of the passive-aggressive letter was one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time.

"I like you, ..."

Also the Eraserhead radiators

hedgehog90

Jenning's episode was the best yet. I'd love to hear more conversations had while walking to the pub at night in rural Norfolk. It had a wonderful feel to it all round.

Crabwalk

A Marc Marron-esque in-depth chat with Rob Delaney this week.

And Adam reveals that a Christmas special with Joe Cornish shalt be bestowed upon us. Yay!!!

McQ

Quote from: Crabwalk on November 11, 2015, 06:34:06 PM
A Marc Marron-esque in-depth chat with Rob Delaney this week.

And Adam reveals that a Christmas special with Joe Cornish shalt be bestowed upon us. Yay!!!

EFFING YES.

Edit: The Joe Cornish part, not the Rob Delaney part. I'm not as keen on him.

Crabwalk

I wasn't particularly interested in him either, until I recently started watching 'Catastrophe' (and the implication is that for Buxton it was the same). It's absolutely one of the best British comedy series for years and he's brilliant in it.

Delaney's not particularly funny in the podcast though (neither is he trying to be). It's much more of a forensic look at his life and work, rather than one of Adam's patented chatrambles, down mainly to the fact that this is the first time they've properly conversed. Subsequently they both seem a little tentative and not quite on the same comedic wavelength. It is an interesting listen, though.

phantom_power

The film that Jennings is making - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3470600/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

He is right about the stellar cast

Crabwalk

Blimey. The plot synopsis must be a joke...

sprocket

The return leg with Scroobius Pip is out too, goes into quite a bit of detail on how Adam started out on Takeover TV and then working with Joe.

http://www.scroobiuspip.co.uk/distraction-pieces-podcast/

emmett85

Quote from: sprocket on November 11, 2015, 09:26:22 PM
The return leg with Scroobius Pip is out too, goes into quite a bit of detail on how Adam started out on Takeover TV and then working with Joe.

http://www.scroobiuspip.co.uk/distraction-pieces-podcast/
cheers sprocket. buckles clearly loved norm macdonald's mangrate ads.

Puce Moment

Quote from: phantom_power on November 11, 2015, 09:10:14 PM
The film that Jennings is making - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3470600/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

He is right about the stellar cast

Bloody hell! Faith Brown!

Wonder if she'll do her Rustie Lee?

SteveDave

That sounds awful.

I hope Garth gets more work though.

non capisco

The one with Joe is dropping on Christmas Day. Already looking forward to listening to that half pissed in my childhood bedroom as the boxing day shit brews. And, yes, make that Limmy one happen, Dr. Buckles.

Custard

Am I a bit off base in thinking that Joe's Hollywood career is tanking a bit?

After Attack The Block, there hasn't been much has there? Him and Edgar Wright left or were sacked from Ant Man, he was meant to get the King Kong prequel gig, but somehow didn't, and you don't really hear his name much on film sites and podcasts

And am I doubly off base for kinda hoping his career does tank, so he does more stuff with Buckles?

Crabwalk

Cornish is slated to direct a big spy film called 'Section 6', I believe. I'm not sure what stage of production it's in. Some more details here

idunnosomename

Depends whether you think Tintin and the Uncanny Valley was much cop, that's probably the biggest film he had poster credit for

non capisco

I actually really enjoyed the Tintin film and thought it was a shame its relative lack of box office clout seemed to put the kibosh on the proposed sequel. Attack The Block was....alright. It at least led to him getting entertainingly stroppy with Kermode on air.

Custard

Tintin sequels are still happening, with one scheduled for next year. Though Cornish's name doesn't appear to be attached