Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:54:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Adam Buxton Podcast

Started by Phil_A, September 18, 2015, 09:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

non capisco

A brief moment of mildly scurrilous gossip about CaB fan favourite Ricky Gervais right at the start of the latest Louis Theroux ep.

Hat FM

I find that hard to believe,  isn't it one of the things Gervais satirised in extras?  He did write Derek though so i guess anything is possible.

Puce Moment

Even they acknowledge it's probably bully bullshite.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: jake thunder on November 23, 2015, 12:28:54 PM
Also, fuck up about Twitter yo. Boring.

Agree. Some podcasts would work a lot better for me if Twitter was completely banned as a subject. Graham Linehan mentioning Twitter at the earliest opportunity makes me cringe. Al Murray banging on about people on Twitter makes me sleepy. Twitter is just so amazingly insignificant and inconsequential. Anyone who mentions it as part of their schtick is asking to be ignored.

I haven't listened to any of the Buxton podcasts yet but I have a few downloaded and ready to go. I'm looking forward to it but Buxton having anything to do with Caitlin Moran is most discouraging and perturbing. As far as I can see he's managed to get this far in his career without any Caitlin Moran at all yet here we are now at this stage of the game with some Caitlin Moran. Most dispiriting.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Passive-Aggressive Susan on November 23, 2015, 02:20:24 PM
Wow, this thread suddenly sprang to life when a successful, self-assured female made an appearance.

.      .
    n
    O

That's Caitlin making her surprised face.

They don't call you Passive-Aggressive Susan for nothing.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Shameless Custard on November 23, 2015, 03:46:39 PM
There's a million funnier and/or more engaging women than Moran

Yeah but are you 100% sure that Shappi Khorsandi is one of them? Think very carefully about your answer.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Puce Moment

I have to say that I am really loving this podcast. It is naturally very laid-back and not as spiky or naturally funny as the A&J stuff, but it doesn't need to be. It's also really nice hearing Buckles being less mannered and more natural.

non capisco

I loved him making Theroux crack up with what he thought the natural response to 'How do you do?' should be.

Really looking forward to the Joe one now. Sounds from his outro this week that we might even get a two-parter.

popcorn

This is my favourite podcast in the world. It's just so sweet and unassuming.

hoverdonkey

Thought he was on shaky ground early on with the make-up stuff. Shame he had to go back to Louis again so soon, but really hope this takes off next year.

The Roofdog

Quote from: hoverdonkey on November 30, 2015, 12:40:46 AM
Thought he was on shaky ground early on with the make-up stuff. Shame he had to go back to Louis again so soon, but really hope this takes off next year.

Equally surprised that Louis didn't really pull him up on it. I think this and the first episode were recorded at the same time weren't they? Louis mentions having just seen Edge Of Tomorrow.

tomasrojo

Quote from: non capisco on November 29, 2015, 04:28:38 PM
I loved him making Theroux crack up with what he thought the natural response to 'How do you do?' should be.

That was quite joyful.

SteveDave

I downloaded it this morning & got Buckles & Theroux. Went to stream it tonight & got a 2.35 minute advert for non-Buckles & Theroux. Wut?

Ringside

I've really enjoyed this run of podcast. I have a question.....what other Adam related podcasts are worth getting? I think he's done a couple of different runs with Joe? I haven't heard any of them.

Entropy Balsmalch

Every single one of their podcasts. Ever.

Right from XFM onwards.

Christ I envy you.

Phil_A

Quote from: Ringside on December 03, 2015, 12:25:03 AM
I've really enjoyed this run of podcast. I have a question.....what other Adam related podcasts are worth getting? I think he's done a couple of different runs with Joe? I haven't heard any of them.

The other podcasts are mostly edited highlights of their radio shows with a few extra bits thrown in, but all worth listening to. Adam definitely has a chemistry with Joe that he doesn't with anyone else.

The XFM ones have some brilliant stuff in,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr9zM6v6ftw&list=PLXcyZ9VHYewh4TAF95z2iJEny8y8QudPV

Ringside

Quote from: Phil_A on December 03, 2015, 12:39:29 AM
The other podcasts are mostly edited highlights of their radio shows with a few extra bits thrown in, but all worth listening to. Adam definitely has a chemistry with Joe that he doesn't with anyone else.

The XFM ones have some brilliant stuff in,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr9zM6v6ftw&list=PLXcyZ9VHYewh4TAF95z2iJEny8y8QudPV

Thanks, I'm gonna go and try to hunt down a torrent or some such thing.

Entropy Balsmalch

Going through my old hard drive which has stacks of Adam and Joe stuff on it I found this - which I totally forgotten about.

Think it's at least ten years old. Probably from around the XFM times and the emergence of grime. The bass is sampled from Talking Heads' Warning Sign.

https://soundcloud.com/brian_shelf/scalliwags-warning

Entropy Balsmalch

By the way, by going through all that I've discovered I have....

XFM Shows - 44 episodes - some incomplete - with the music edited out. Not all of their XFM run by a long way, but loads still.

BBC 6 Music - Nearly all of their 6 Music shows. Missing all of their stand in time on the breakfast show - but bar the odd one or two, everything - most of the shows with the music snipped out - but not all of them.

Various other bits and pieces like I Am Sparticus and A Week With Adam Buxton.

I'm really annoyed though that I seem to have lost the XFM podcasts somewhere - and they were great - loads of amazing extra material.

I also seem to have lost Adam's Big Mixtape - which was also great - particularly the one where Paddy Considine didn't turn up and he did the show as Ken Korda.

In total it's more than 8gb of stuff - but if people want it, I'll find a way somehow of distributing it.

non capisco

Quote from: Entropy Balsmalch on December 03, 2015, 09:50:40 PM
Going through my old hard drive which has stacks of Adam and Joe stuff on it I found this - which I totally forgotten about.

Think it's at least ten years old. Probably from around the XFM times and the emergence of grime. The bass is sampled from Talking Heads' Warning Sign.

https://soundcloud.com/brian_shelf/scalliwags-warning

Ha, haven't heard that in years. "Sorry, Scalliwag, we got overexcited." "Yeah yeah yeah, alright, don't cry!"

I've only ever heard this on here (yeah, about ten years ago) and divorced of context. Was this from a proto version of Song Wars from the XFM shows or was Scalliwag a recurring thing? There's so much of the XFM stuff I've never heard.

Entropy Balsmalch

Scalliwag definitely appeared a few times, thinking about it now, on the XFM show. I think he was just a character at first. I don't think this was ever broadcast on the show itself. Perhaps it was just a download on adam dash buxton dot co do youkay-ay-ay, so check it out.

Entropy Balsmalch

And obviously, the drums are sampled from Warning Sign too. Idiot I am.

Ringside

Okay for those interested, and the criminally minded, there's quite a large torrent currently on Pirate Bay containing a lot of old podcasts and radio shows. 12gb worth.

hedgehog90

Just google Adam and Joe archive, each episode is listed with a link to the mp3. I suppose a torrent is easier though.
Also, that Scallywag song was played during an XFM show. Adam did quite a few songs as him, but I think only 2 survived.

Reminds me of the amazing radio serial with Lench Poofar and Jenny they did on XFM, it only exists as short clips on YouTube, but the shows surrounding them aren't available as far as I'm aware.
Look it up if you haven't heard it. The mention of Roni Size Reprazent in the final part and Adam cracking up is utterly joyous.

Blinder Data

I've only heard a few of these, but there's just something utterly loveable about Adam and his naff jingles. They stick around in your head for ages too.

I hope this podcast venture goes well and he gets some proper good guests on.

Dr Funke

I'm surprised he's not had Linehan on yet. They're fairly matey, aren't they? Maybe in the next run.

Crabwalk

It's definitely planned. They've already done Chain Reaction of course, which was pretty entertaining. Here's hoping the subject of twitter etiquette is off the menu though, lest I punch a wall. Lectures from that man I can't take.

idunnosomename

It is not physically possible for Graham Linehan not to talk about Twitter for an hour. The man will explode.

Mini

Quote from: Dr Funke on December 04, 2015, 05:40:28 PM
I'm surprised he's not had Twitter Policeman Graham Linehan on yet.

Fixed.

This has been a great run of podcasts. Even the Caitlin Moran one.