Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:46:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The new iPhone 6S

Started by Puce Moment, September 24, 2015, 03:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puce Moment

Anyone getting one of these? I am really not much of a new phone person, and I have never bought a phone on new release - but I have been using an iPhone 4 that someone gave me for about 3-years now. It was my first iPhone and I have got on with it really well - particularly after really hating my Galaxy Note and android, and before that a shite Blackberry.

So the battery on my iPhone 4 has always been pretty iffy, but in the last 3-months has been awful - if I don't use my phone at all the battery will run from 100% to 5% in just 2 or 3 hours. It is now pretty much plugged in all the time, which negates the whole 'mobile' function of a mobile phone.

I went over to giffgaff to see what was on offer about a fortnight ago and saw that the iPhone 6s was going to be released imminently so I held out. Partly, I was intrigued by the idea of a 4K camera. I had a feel of the iPhone 6 compared to the iPhone 6 Plus and quickly worked out that the Plus is WAAAAY too big. So I bought the new iPhone 6s standard with a 24-month payment plan from giffgaff and the thing arrives tomorrow.

I will update when I have had a play with it.

Puce Moment

Ah, I thought our benevolent dictator would prefer a new thread, but ok.

Anyway, I had it in my mitts for 10-hours and it is lovely. For some with the 5 or 6, most of this is not new, but the fingerpad security pass is great, the free garageband app is smashing, the ergonomics in the hand are much, much better, and the 4k camera is splendid. It's light as a feather and I have been fucking around with it and the battery has only gone down by 45%.

Importing from my iPhone4 backup was a massive help timewise.