Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:39:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The October Country

Started by Kawaii Five-O, October 10, 2004, 05:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawaii Five-O

Seeing as their debut album ("Clean Kills and other Trophies") is just out, I thought I'd make a thread about The October Country. They're my friends' band and would probably be my fave band if only I was any good at picking those sorts of things.

Anyway, they do a sort of discobilly swamp stomp thing, a little bit Crampsy, a little bit Birthday Party-y, but mostly unlike any other band I've ever heard. And their singer is completely barking. There are some bits and pieces from the album available to download from www.theoctobercountry.com if you'd like to hear them (please check them out, I really really love this band and want as many people as possible to hear them!). I especially recommend "Smack Accident", my favourite song of theirs. "Magazine" and "Big Neon Red" are also good uns. If you have any opinions on them I would love to hear what you think, and I'll pass 'em onto the band.

P.S. They are playing OTT's in Newport on the 12th, if any Newport/ South Wales whores want to see a crazy bald man wriggle about :)