Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:35:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CD > mp3 > CD

Started by Almost Yearly, October 11, 2004, 05:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Almost Yearly

Ah juss wanna make a mix for CaB, to go with Tracey's and jutl's.

And then I want to burn it onto a CD or two in a universally playable way, to give to a couple of *real* people.

I don't want to pay for a CD ripper or nuffink. I have access to a burner.

What shall I do?

Cook'dandBomb'd in no way condones these behaviours.

gazzyk1ns

CDex and EAC are both free rippers which are very good. I prefer to use EAC but I think a lot of people find CDex easier to configure.

If you need to know how to encode a wav to mp3 then I wrote a little guide a while ago - it's in the first page of the sticky "how to" thread up there.

Shutup TMWTBE ;)

DerryPortice

http://www.deepburner.com/

Very good indeed.

Also a program called FREERIP, a little basic but does the job;

http://www.mgshareware.com/frmmain.shtml

Doctor Stamen

I like CDex too, it does the job.

fanny splendid

If you're lucky enough to be using a mac, then iTunes will do it for you.

I should imagine that the windows version would, too, but you never know, it might ask you for a new video driver?

Jaffa The Cake

Another vote for EAC here.
If you're making a CD of MP3s, then CD > MP3 > CD makes sense. However, if you're making an audio CD then don't compress them to MP3s. Much better to go lossless > lossless > lossless than lossless > lossy > lossless. Just rip them to wav.

Almost Yearly

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"I prefer to use EAC but I think a lot of people find CDex easier to configure.
CDex it is then :-). And Freerip. Many thanks, people.

I know some newfangled CD and DVD players play CDs of mp3s. How many play CDs of wavs? Just the same ones? With my old Denon CD player at home should I just forget it, or is there also a bit of freeware someware which can encode an audio CD properly from a bunch of wavs? For I am old. Soon I will be asking how to program the video.

Edit: Cheers, Jaffa (Humour an old man - who were you before?)

Jaffa The Cake

Most CD burning programs will take MP3s or WAVs and write them as a proper Audio CD. The burning software will uncompress the MP3 before burning so you'll still only fit 80mins (or 74 if you're from yesterday) on an audio CD no matter what format they are to start with.

In Nero, you just select 'Audio CD' and drag your WAVs (or MP3s if you don't have access to the original CD) into the window, then burn.

Once again, go for PCM WAV if possible, you may as well keep the quality perfect if you can.