Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:46:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'Cake' MP put in charge of scrutinising drug policy

Started by justin_bennett, October 22, 2015, 06:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenman

Will Rolf be working with him in an advisory capacity?

Glebe

It's a good call. He has experience with bisturbile drugs.

Crabwalk

checkoutgirl

Makes perfect sense. If they picked a guy who actually knew what he was talking about they'd have to bury the report and quietly sack the guy. Better to pick a guy who hasn't a clue and won't have any controversial findings like everything being done by the government to curb drugs so far being a big pile of horseshit. They fired the Professor Nutt guy because he had some actual sensible opinions on drugs that were somehow connected to reality. Fuck that, fire him and get some patsy in to do a report that bolsters whatever bullshit opinion is carrying the day in Downing Street. Put more black people in jail, that's always worked before.

Also makes sense from the perspective of the Cameron government being so out of touch that I doubt a single soul in the government has ever watched or is even vaguely aware of Brass Eye.

Glebe

Quote from: checkoutgirl on October 23, 2015, 12:02:19 PMAlso makes sense from the perspective of the Cameron government being so out of touch that I doubt a single soul in the government has ever watched or is even vaguely aware of Brass Eye.

Particularly Amess himself.

In any case, he's bound to make 'A-mess' of the job! Hur!

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Glebe on October 23, 2015, 12:04:45 PM
Particularly Amess himself.

In any case, he's bound to make 'A-mess' of the job! Hur!

Obvious things I've just realised because it was pointed out by someone else.

Bhazor

You ever thought Cake might be a reference to Yellowcake the nuclear intermediary?

Paul Calf

Quote from: checkoutgirl on October 23, 2015, 12:02:19 PM
Also makes sense from the perspective of the Cameron government being so out of touch that I doubt a single soul in the government has ever watched or is even vaguely aware of Brass Eye.

I think it's far more likely that they have and they don't give one single fuck.

Crabwalk

Pepotamo1985

Doubly worrying due to his connection to the Leah Betts case.